Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I will soon bE Assimilated again

Sweat I will soon bE Assimilated again

My disdain for EA has been well documented and repeated ad nauseum. The last game of theirs I bought was Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. Before that was Madden 2002. Those were the only two EA games I bought during the entire PS2/Xbox/GC generation.

I have played some newer stuff like Burnout 3 and Need for Speed Underground, but I was never overly enticed to break my boycott of the publisher that backstabbed Sega, took away my NFL 2K6, and sucked up quality developers into an abyss where they are rarely heard from again.

Yesterday I downloaded the Burnout Revenge demo on XBLA. My wife decides to sit down and watch it too. I fire it up, and she says, "Wow, that's pretty." I can't disagree. I start playing, and it is a blast. I say to her, "This game rocks. It's too bad I'm not buying it, because EA made it." She says, "Why not?" I say,"I have to stick to my principles." She responds with, "Honey, you're a whore. You don't have any principles."

Suddenly, the clouds parted and the angels (the special ones without principles) sang. Everything became so clear. If I can buy four Microsoft consoles (2 American Xboxes, a Japanese Xbox, and a 360), then surely I can buy EA games again too. Afterall, this was the publisher that provided some of my best gaming memories with NHL 9X on Genesis and Sega CD.

Now I just need to rationalize another $60 game among GRAW, Oblivion, Tomb Raider, MLB 2K6, and Far Cry.

2. Boycotting EA on these boards is absurd anyway. I see your point, but we are the niche, and niche people boycottng won't really make a difference because:

A- We're a niche.
    B- Our numbers aren't as high as casual gamers.

Nothing we can do can change either of these parts, just like vegitarians - just because they stop eating meat doesn't mean the world will wake up and stop slaughtering cows and pigs tommroow.

That's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Gibbits; 21 Mar 2006 at 07:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.

Congratulations yoshi.

Principles are stupid... play what you want.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Congratulations yoshi.

Principles are stupid... play what you want.
    Confirmed, Apple Jacks don't taste like Apples, but we eat what we like! omg!

5. Eventually EA will own all game developers and release all games so its best to end the boycott now.

6. Yeah congrats Yoshi. You've given yourself the opportunity to play mediocre games for all eternity. I'm quite happy for you.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

7. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    Yeah congrats Yoshi. You've given yourself the opportunity to play mediocre games for all eternity. I'm quite happy for you.
    Yes, because every one of the 500 games EA releases ever year is mediocre.

Every once and a while they do get it right you know. Hell, they have to wih as many games as they publish.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. burnout revenge wins, actually 3 and revenge, but the 360 revenge on HD really wins

9. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    Yeah congrats Yoshi. You've given yourself the opportunity to play mediocre games for all eternity. I'm quite happy for you.
    I want you to get hit by a mediocre truck.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    She responds with, "Honey, you're a whore. You don't have any principles."
    Wife knows best! Looks like you got a winner there!