I've been waiting until I watched more episodes of this series called Jigoku Shoujo before I posted anything about it. I haven't really heard any people talk about this series and figured it might have slipped under the radar. So far no one has picked up this series for a US release, so fan sub only for now.

Jigoku Shoujo - aka Hell Girl

This is a episodic type horror anime. The best comparison would be lain combined with bits of ringu/grudge. Each episode focuses on a new character and shows how one person makes their life a living hell. Rumors have it if you visit a hidden website called "the hotline to hell" at the stroke of midnight, you can get revenge on one person. So during each episode the main character finds the website and are confronted by Hell Girl. Ai Enma aka the Hell Girl, then tells them the rules for the revenge: If you exact the grudge on the person, they will immediately goto hell, but if a grudge is sent two graves are dug. Once the person who sent out the grudge dies naturally their soul goes to hell for eternity also. A tough price to pay for revenge eh? Hell girl also has some other helper characters to aid in seeking out revenge. So far not much is given on the background of Ai or her helpers, I'm hoping more is revealed later on in the series. The world they exist in is pretty surreal and I'd like to see more of it also.

So thats about it for a brief review, right now I'm on episode 4 and already lots of em are released. Check it out and if you've seen it what do you think about it so far?

Jigoku Shoujo Home site