Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Man Awarded $1 Million After Co-Worker Put Noose On Neck

1. Anybody who is taking the side of the company here makes me sick. Why is it okay for superiors to do nothing as an employee gets harassed and files complaints?

The question is why this is the first big case.
    There are plenty of them. I imagine it is getting attention because, umm... somebody PUT A FUCKING NOOSE AROUND SOMEONE ELSE'S NECK.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Anybody who is taking the side of the company here makes me sick. Why is it okay for superiors to do nothing as an employee gets harassed and files complaints?

No one here said the company handled the situation well

3. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    No one here said the company handled the situation well
    So guess what, they have to pay. They should pay. Thats the best way to punish a company and it works. They should've had to pay 10 times more.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    Think of the million dollars as a fine on the company for fucking up.
    I could agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi

Yet another case where idiots have more kids than they can reasonably care for. Personal responsibility please.
    You know it is possible to raise 5 kids in a perfetly stable home. All you need is a good job and common sense.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Master of 7s
    The guy who was victimized said it himself that you can't attach any dollar amount to the mental trauma and suffering he's endured.

It sounded more like he wanted a sincere apology or at least some type of acknoledgement from the company that they fucked up by allowing this to happen in the first place.

Of course, most people fail to understand how much a sincere apology can help a person's anguish in a situation like this so they just go with what's easy. "Here's a million dollars. Rub it on your trauma and call me in the morning."
    Problem with the current legal system is an apology will be construed as an admission of guilt and responsiblity, which will result in a payout if the case goes to court. On the other hand if they wait till the court battle they've got a chance to reduce the blow or dodge the bullet entirely.

Basicly the potential for a non-paying settlement keeps people from apollogizing which is exactly what an apollogy can result in. Catch-22 eh?

6. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten
    Problem with the current legal system is an apology will be construed as an admission of guilt and responsiblity, which will result in a payout if the case goes to court. On the other hand if they wait till the court battle they've got a chance to reduce the blow or dodge the bullet entirely.

Basicly the potential for a non-paying settlement keeps people from apollogizing which is exactly what an apollogy can result in. Catch-22 eh?
    You know how you can avoid that?

Dont let rampant racism and mistreatment run amok in the face of numerous complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    You know it is possible to raise 5 kids in a perfetly stable home. All you need is a good job and common sense.
    Agreed.

8. Wow, there is more racism in this thread than there was in the place this guy worked.

*adds fuel, grabs popcorn*