Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about TMNT

1. Lets talk about TMNT

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have had quite a few games based on them:

TNMT arcade- also released on NES as TMNT 2

TMNT 2: Turtles in Time- also released on the SNES

TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project- NES and PC

TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist- Genny

TMNT: Tournament Fighters- 3 vastly different versions for the NES, SNES, and Genny

TMNT- NES, published under Konami's "Ultra Games" label

TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan- Game Boy

TMNT 2 & 3- Game Boy (I dont remember the subtitles)

Anyways, some of my fondest gaming memories are based around some of these games. The 4-player arcade beat-em-up was one of my all time quarter-suckers. The first time I saw this game, I remember freaking out- I had never seen a cooler game before (i was young). When it came to the NES (utterly butchered), I scrounged and saved up my $$ like mad to get it.

The first NES TMNT game, mixing side scrolling action and overhead exploration was also in my NES quite awhile. Fun, challengeing, and diversified for its time (I need to pull this out and see how well it has aged).

I heard (long ago) that there is a new TMNT game coming (maybe not considering how their live-action TV comeback was a disaster). I think that the 4 mutants would look mighty nice in some shiny new 3-D polygons (cel-shading, anyone?)

Turtles in Time had a nifty song called "Pizza Power" playing during the attract mode in the arcades. Does anyone know if I could buy/download it somewhere?

2. Turtles in Time is such a great fucking game.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. The first NES game was lame. It was a boring platformer that didn't capture the fun of the series.

Part II on the other hand...damn. I still remember playin that game on Christmas night and lovin it to death. Ultra did a faithful job porting it.

Turtles in Time was pretty slick, Hyperstone Heist was...ok(they should've named it "Turtles in Time-Genesis Edition" though).

Tournament Fighters was good on SNES, but the Genny one is ASS. Major ass.

As for the GB games, the only one I've liked is Fall of the Foot Clan. The other ones stink.

The arcade games rule. Nuff said.

4. I remember a friend of mine had the first Turtles game for nes and no one would let me play it. I had a habit of beating games quickly, and they didn't want me to ruin it. They were stuck for weeks on the third stage and I finally got to play and passed it. I'm one of the few people I know that has actually finished it. The first Turtles arcade game was an addiction for me and countless others. There was a store down the street from me, Samaky Market, that drew big crowds in the morning before school because of their arcade games. Turtles was their main moneymaker for at least a year or two. When it came out for nes, I remember this fat kid down the street who lorded the fact he had it and I didn't over me. Prick. To this day I still play Turtles in Time and set challenges for myself. And I even bust out Tournament Fighters(SNES, thank you very much) on occasion.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    theres been rumors of an all cg movie directed by john woo or some other high profile hong kong guy thats completely funded by eastmans company. *drool*

Johnny Guest
    Oh god I was such a TMNT fan as a kid, I had nearly every action figure. Most kids had GI Joes or Transformers, and they were bastards for it. Anyone remember those cheesy TMNT handhelds? Those were pretty awesome, and now I have to check out the Gameboy titles.

If they ever release another game, I'd like it to be a four player beat'em'up. Have it modeled after The Bouncer, but with the ass removed.

7. theres been rumors of an all cg movie directed by john woo or some other high profile hong kong guy thats completely funded by eastmans company. *drool*
    It's true, John Woo is going to direct the next TMNT movie, but they're waiting to see how well the new TMNT cartoon.

I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this, but Zero beat me to it. Konami's TMNT games were some of the best products released with the fab four in them. My personal favorite was TMNT3: The Manhattan Project. It played just like the Arcade games, but wasn't exactly a port of an existing game. It's really hard to imagine anyone besides Konami making TMNT games.

8. I love the TMNT games too. I think I had them all at one point. The 1st Nes game was a whore to finish. But I did. I think that was one of the hardest games I ever finished as a kid. The last level was insane. I think running around as Don at the end was the easiest. Anyways I now play both arcade games on my PC. Got they are great. I still like the 1st arcade game the most though.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

wEEman33 Guest
    Turtles in Time was awesome in the arcade and good on the SNES even thought they took out a level.

Turtles III: Radical Rescue for Game Boy was a nice departure from the standard beat-em-up gameplay and offered a solid platform experience. The game took place in one giant level and you had to rescue you fellow turtles by obtaining keys. Once all of them were freed you could switch between them on the fly. They all had special abilities that allowed one turtle to reach places all the others couldn't. For example, Michalangello could twirl his nunchucks (sp?) around like a helicopter allowing him to float around after jumping. Very cool game

The Arcade game was cool, but hard a shit. I can remeber using up to $3 just to beat the damn thing.

Tournament fighters for SNES was a pretty solid fighter that didn't get a whole lot of recognition when it came out.

The Manhaton Project was mostly more of the same classic Turtles gameplay only with new levels and enimies. Much like the NES version of the Turtles: The Arcade game, it was pretty fun but a bit limited by the NES hardware.

And A new turtles game would be pretty kick ass

10. TMNT are GODS.
    Turtles in Time was the first game i ever beat, i'm pretty sure. That was just like, as good as it gets gamewise. fun, challenging but not impossible, and it was the ninja turtles =D

COWABUNGA! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread