Thread: Search Function Not Working?

1. Search Function Not Working?

If I try to do an advanced search, looking for a specific poster's name with specific text, nothing comes up. In Explorer it tells me the page can't be found, in Firefox it loads for a second, then the browser just reads as 'done' at the bottom without chaning the page.

Is it working for anybody else? The searching for specific text seems to be the hangup, I can still search for all posts under a poster's name.
    -Kyo

2. Same (in IE). It's funny, I did this yesterday and the query took a long time but I got results. Now, it seems like it just times out.

3. yeah, same problem in firefox.

4. Maybe those changes Nick made that enable all of the posters like Despair who were locked out fucked it up? The quick search features work. I just used one for the Gamers Quarter thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Sometimes the search works fine (IE), sometimes I get the "Page Not Found" error Strider gets.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Might just be that the server was busy crunching numbers.

7. Unfortunately, it's been like that for at least two days now.
    -Kyo

8. vbulletin isn't well known for its stellar search feature

9. If the vBulletin search isn't working, you can try a limited Google search.

"your search term" site:the-nextlevel.com/board/
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios