Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    douchenozzle.
    It is fucktard

If you're a good writer you won't sound pretentious.

Using vocab for the sake of vocab is not good, but when you're able to use the right word in the right place it makes you a superior writer.

lol all I could think of while typing this post was Jemery's Shenmue review.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 13 Mar 2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: lol Jemery
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. I agree with Cow. It also depends on what kind of writer you are. For magazine/newspaper, I don't think you need a huge vocab, as long as you know your subject matter and any special terms/words associated with it. But if you are writing a novel (not trashy), I think it is much more enjoyable to the reader with a range of vocab to convey your exact thoughts.

4. God bless Ernest Hemingway and his belief that you are utterly wrong.

5. Of course there are exceptions to the rule. That's why he is a literary genius, few ppl can write like him.

You can sit there all day and think having a limited vocab doesn't hurt your craft, but I think more people will agree with me that you will be better with more knowledge. It is crazy to even argue.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 13 Mar 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Fuck Hemingway.

Twain IMO.
    seriously fuck Hemingway

BTW I like Munchkin too. On topic.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. NIGGER JIM!

8. I'm not gonna front, I am working on my piece already so I don't have much to do tomorrow night and I'm about three beers and three vodka shots in.

I wish I were on Gears instead of talking about writing.

9. So, you're the Latino Hemingway. No wonder he's your hero.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I write the way people speak. Any other way makes you look like a pretentoius douchenozzle.
    Writing has almost nothing to do with speaking. They both involve words, that's about it. Get a better vocabulary. People eat McDonalds but that doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer a quality steak.