Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Not UNLESS THEY ROLL AN 18 ON A D20 AND THEN CAST LIGHTENING WHILE LOOKING AWAY FROM THE BASILLISK!

Risk, Axis and Allies, Life, and Stratego shit all over fantasy games.

Edit: And Candyland also shits all over said fantasy game genre.
    This post injected some much needed humor into this thread.

-_-

2. Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Not UNLESS THEY ROLL AN 18 ON A D20 AND THEN CAST LIGHTENING WHILE LOOKING AWAY FROM THE BASILLISK!

Risk, Axis and Allies, Life, and Stratego shit all over fantasy games.

Edit: And Candyland also shits all over said fantasy game genre.
    Why don't you go play outside and fuck girls or whatever?

3. Heh.

So, Kid. I ordered the newest base set of Heroscape. What are the best one or two expansions (or do I even need them)?
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

4. You should snag the original Master Set (Rise of the Valkyrie) as well, it's a lot better (though I do like Swamp of the Marro). The Marvel base set is awesome too. For expansions stay away from the lava/ice sets unless you want a complete set of Heroscape stuff. Road to the Forgotten Forest is great, as are a lot of the waves. Just pick up what you think looks cool because they're all really well balanced. Avoid the Flagbearers, they're way overpriced and not very useful in games. If you're into cool terrain the castle set is great.

5. Cool. Thx for the ProTip.

I bought Swamp of the Marro b/c I thought an updated rule-set would be better. No way am I buying the full Marvel set, mostly b/c the ppl I'll be playing with won't know Red Skull from Red Dwarf (will probably try to buy individual Doom, Spidey, Cap).

Good to know the expansions are well balanced.

I've seen a lot of custom comic characters on the Bay, assuming these are Heroclix characters that have been adapted to Heroscape. Anybody try any of these out?

6. I always wanted to try Warhammer, but the window on that one passed.

How the hell does one play "Go"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    I've seen a lot of custom comic characters on the Bay, assuming these are Heroclix characters that have been adapted to Heroscape. Anybody try any of these out?
    Stay away from custom HeroScape figs, they're rarely ever balanced for play.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I always wanted to try Warhammer, but the window on that one passed.
    Warhammer doesn't have quite the following it used to but there's still tons of people that play it fanatically lurking around. It's a giant moneysink, avoid it like the plague (you're literally looking at around $1,500 for a great army plus hundreds of hours painting figures and building model train set terrain). HeroScape is more fun to play, cheap, and putting together terrain before the game is fun in and of itself. Plus you can't have cyborg gorillas and zombies fighting against Amazonian whores and wild west gunslingers in Warhammer.
    Last edited by SpoDaddy; 20 Mar 2008 at 12:27 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    How the hell does one play "Go"?
    http://playgo.to/interactive/index.html

9. Xbox 360 I

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    you can't have cyborg gorillas and zombies fighting against Amazonian whores and wild west gunslingers in Warhammer.
    This is one of the main reasons I bought the game.

My friends and I nerded out last year and set up a 64 character bracket of all-time bad-asses to fight it out. Think The Emperor vs Achilles; Spike Spiegel vs. MacGuyver; Wolverine vs. John McClain; HAL 9000 vs. Agent Smith; etc.

I'd love it if TNL had a similar tourney post-NCAA tourney where we could nominate original fictional characters and then have them face off in matches, based on overall bad-assness.

Anyways, all this to say that Heroscape allows for cool non-contextual fights.

10. Wizards of the Coast is now running the HeroScape line for Hasbro, which means a Star Wars set is now likely.