Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Competitive games at parties aren't always the best thing.
    I wouldn't want to be hanging out with the kind of people who got hurt feelings over Cranium. I think competitive play is a great way to learn things about other people. But when I'm back in PA, people always hesitate to let me and my best friend be on a team in Cranium because our nonverbal communication kicks the shit out of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't get it myself. But I gotta say, the TV announcers when they air games make is sound like the most exciting thing in the history of man.
    It's certainly intimidating, but it's an incredibly interesting game. I recommend checking out the link I posted earlier on this page (I think) if you want to learn the basics. Considering that I don't know much more than the basics that's about all I can help with, but if you enjoy games of high level strategy it's certainly worth taking a look. I can only imagine that it becomes more rewarding the more you put into it.
    Last edited by Grave; 27 Mar 2008 at 12:19 AM.

I know Grave, but I mean, even if you feel a little insecure about it it can end up making a 100% fun experience less fun. If you like Cranium definitely grab Hoopla because it just seems to be better when you're all working together.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. I guess I can see that. I don't know... we're all pretty loud and not particularly shy. I suppose being an outsider in an environment like that would probably keep someone from having the best time they could. I'll take a look at it the next time I get the chance.

4. I know how to play Go, though at nowhere near a respectable level. The actual gameplay isn't bad for me, but I still get kinda wonky on the scoring post-game. :/

5. Everyone that hasn't already should check out Backgammon. It's the perfect bar game (it's still played in lots of British taverns).

6. I've always ment to play Backgammon, but no one ever knows what the hell's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I've always ment to play Backgammon, but no one ever knows what the hell's going on.
    Same here. I remember trying to play Backgammon on 2600, and got REALLY confused.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't get it myself. But I gotta say, the TV announcers when they air games make is sound like the most exciting thing in the history of man.
    Former Nintendo head Hiroshi Yamauchi is like, a grand master of Go!. The guy supposedly plays nothing else.

Personally, I love Axis & Allies, but none of my friends or families give a shit about WWII troop movements.

9. I would love to hear someone yell "YOUR GO IS WEAK" and then slap everything off the table.

It doesn't even have to be during a game of Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate
    That reminds me ... I like Candyland and Hooks and Ladders.
    I think you mean Chutes and Ladders? My daughter and I play that. she has Candy Land and Uno as well.

My favorite of her games?

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS, FTW.