Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2737394041424345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. I thought about it, but it sounded like the same game with a different skin. Is it any bit different, or at least different enough to merit a purchase?

2. It doesn't use the plot cards at all, but personally I feel like Merlin and the assassin change the game significantly for the better as it adds a second layer onto the end game. The other optional roles are pretty neat as well. Personally I won't play vanilla Resistance anymore, only Avalon
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Pretty sure my local game place has it on clearance, I'll make a go of it, Thanks.

4. At work, we incorporate the Avalon character cards into our Resistance games. This variant is really fun to play.

In other board game news, Sirlin has a Kickstarter going for the 2nd edition of Yomi.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

5. Sirlin's Yomi shit is way too expensive. Get Battlecon instead.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Yeah, that seemed a bit much for ten decks and nil colletability. Though I did just spend the same on nearly all of Sentinels of the Multiverse, but that's some twenty hero decks, fifteen or so villains, and ten or so locations.

7. That game would be great if it didn't have ten thousand little modifiers to keep track of. It's the tabletop game equivalent of a brilliant indie author who really needs a professional editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Use the ipad app to track a lot of it.

9. The app is a huge help, and the modifiers issues doesn't detract from how awesome the game is.

I've begun playing as The Sentinels, playing as for heroes simultaneously is more fluid that I thought it would be, and with just one or two damage bonuses, they can deal an absurd amount of damage.
    Last edited by Shine; 27 Jun 2014 at 01:12 PM.

10. I've recently made some friends who are into board games. I'm going to try and setup a game night to play some HP Lovecraft type board games. My friend has forbidden island, which I've been wanting to play also. Has anyone played the Gears of War board game? I've also interested in the upcoming Witcher board game.