Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. I love boardgames but it's really hard to find other people that enjoy them nowadays. I highly recommend HeroScape, it's tons of fun. Think Warhammer set in the Rifts universe with Lego-style constructible battlefields.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Win

3. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Not so much a board game, but my friends are in to Hecatomb now and since dead and unpopular CCGs are dirt cheap to get into, I might be following. Looks pretty cool. Unique card shape, Lovecraft themes and gameplay that seems pretty similar to Magic.

And no, despite what I said earlier in thread, I never did get into Heroscape. I still kind of want to.
    I'd still like to pick up a bunch of Netrunner cards cheap, but out of all the old n' dead CCGs, it is the only one that hasn't got all cheap.... it's actually went up in the price over the last couple years.

/sniff

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    I love boardgames but it's really hard to find other people that enjoy them nowadays. I highly recommend HeroScape, it's tons of fun. Think Warhammer set in the Rifts universe with Lego-style constructible battlefields.
    Take all the stuff out of warhammer that is fun and condense it into one fun little game, that is heroscape.

We still get together and play about every month or so.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    I'd tell you to come play with us, but last time we played somebody took a shit in a pizza box and we left it at the bus stop. Our game nights are very special.
    Quaint! I hope it was a Dominoes box, maintain that 1:1 ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I've become a massive fan of backgammon. I bought a nice suede board recently and I will play with anyone. It's a great sort of game to play when just hanging out with another person, be it at home or at a bar or something. When I went to Amsterdam (lol) recently I played it for like two hours in a cafe of questionable morals.

I used to like Scene It a lot a couple of years ago but haven't played much recently. The TCM Classic Scene It was completely fucking awesome.

But in terms of large 4+ player game it gets no better than Axis and Allies. Risk is complete shit compared to Axis and Allies. Games last can last forever, and it's great to be able to kick ass with Japan or Germany, considering the game is sort of stacked against them. I tend to play it around my friend's pool table. Playing as the US can be pretty boring though if you aren't daring.

I agree with you in theory but it's better two player. You don't have to wait for some dumb fucks to do stuff. I've played that game to death, I can annihilate you from either side.

And Risk is total shit. Last time I played Risk I threw the board across the room and made everyone go outside.

Battle Cry is an okay game too, and Stratego is fucking great.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 Mar 2008 at 06:18 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. I really enjoyed Diplomacy the few times i've played it, speaking of games that are like Risk but better than Risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

It's not fun to learn to play Diplomacy with people who have played before.
    Other board games I enjoy besides my previous long post:

Ticket to Ride
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 Mar 2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Risk fucking blows. I've a friend who can roll high whenever he wants when we're playing Risk. As soon as we switch to Axis/Allies, he rolls low. The guy needs to go to Vegas.

On Risk's overall sucktitude: no strategy, all dice roll luck. Boo!
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion