Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2838404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. Gears of War board game is quite good actually.

If it's Arkham horror you're talking about it's going to take you a lot longer than a night to play it, fun game but on your first game it's going to take 4+ hours. If it's Eldritch Horror, it's a bit shorter, still going to take most of your night though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Gears of War board game is quite good actually.

If it's Arkham horror you're talking about it's going to take you a lot longer than a night to play it, fun game but on your first game it's going to take 4+ hours. If it's Eldritch Horror, it's a bit shorter, still going to take most of your night though.
    Yea it's arkham horror. I think game length depends on the elder god you fight. But it's cool if games last a bit, we will probably be drinking while we play.

We've played cards against humanity for a good while too.

3. Oh yeah, it will vary but even at it's shortest it'll still take you close to an hour to set up and around 2-3 hours for your first play.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Oh yeah, it will vary but even at it's shortest it'll still take you close to an hour to set up and around 2-3 hours for your first play.
    Yea true that. Rounds are pretty extensive and the rule book is long. Nice of em to put a cheat sheet at the back and I think they have an app too.

5. I've only heard of Arkham Horror. I had a friend lament over the hour long setup process and vote to never play it again. I'm still not sure if I have the will power to try.

6. Oh it's a fun game, awesomely thematic. But the setup is a beast, especially if you use any expansions.

7. Yea I seen the expansions long ago when I bought my game, but I don't want to go down that rabbit hole quite yet heh. There is a HUGE hobby/game store somewhat close to me and my mind was boggling at how many warhammer games they had among the tons of others too. They I seen two guys getting into a heated discussion about some rules on another game and figured I'd best get out of there quick.

8. My English professor tried designing an expansion for it, but the publisher wasn't in the market for an expansion at the time, so he's converting it into a stand alone game, plays decent.

Just started playing Sentinels of the Multiverse. It's really good.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

The box is much nicer in the current edition. It looks like comic book racks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1473548_md.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	74733
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.