Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2939414243444547 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. I was at GenCon in Indy the year they debuted Sentinels. A buddy and myself were walking by early on the first day and the guy (in their very empty booth) tried to get us to test it out with him. We more or less ignored him since it reeked of desperation and we had something else planned. The next year we bought the game and played it more than anything else for about 6 months and still play it to this day.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Yeah it's pretty sweet. Good for m:tg fans but way more casual. The expansions add a lot more complexity and replayability.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Here's an enhanced edition vid.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

4. Sentinels is awesome, I have everything released so far.

Also Sentinels Tactics is due out soon. I tried it out at PAX East and wound up kickstarting it afterwards since I really enjoyed it.

Avoid Galactic Strike Force though... I was really disappointed in it. Way too fiddly to be fun.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. The art in that Sentinels game is seriously gross. It may be the worst I've seen in a commercial product. -and I've seen Munchkin and Killer Bunnies.

6. The art is pretty bad in general but the game is fantastic enough to make up for it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

It's true. I rag on the art all the time. Still worth it though.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

8. I think the art was a big reason I ignored it to begin with.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Played Talisman the other night, pulled off a hilarious dick move. I'm playing the Merchant, who starts with five gold, can sell unwanted stuff to the shop spaces, and can force any other player he lands on to accept a 1-for-1 trade of items. My buddy Nathan is the Minstrel, who can avoid fights with animal enemies and even recruit them as followers, and is good-alligned. So he lands on the Hidden Valley ranch and draws his three cards. One is a monster he easily beats, one is this sweet Crown of Solomon (+2 to craft), and the other is a vampiric sword good characters can't carry. A few turns later I land there and pick up the sword. Now, I've got a wand from earlier in the game which allows me to always have one spell, and it just so happens to be loaded with teleport at the moment. So on my next turn I jump to Nathan, and I'm all, wow, that crown looks really nice. Makes you all wise and shit. I bet with that thing on, you're smart enough to see that the only better thing to have, is eternal life. That's right friend, for the low low price of that crown, I can ensure you never die! All you'll have to do is kill something every once in a while... with this vampiric sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Depending on the other players and the rule set that could be a pretty risky move, at least with 2nd edition rules. You are putting the best item in the game on the ground with probably two turns minimum to get back to the space. I guess it matters how you deal with the Talisman order of operations, encountering players versus spaces, and whether the character is actually "ditching" the sword he can't use. All part of the fun of Talisman... manipulate the shit out of the vague rules when it is in your favor and argue to the death when they are not.

Magic Wand and the Wizard (same power) used to be so exploitable. Luckily they changed the rules so you could only cast as many spells as you had at the start of your turn every turn. We used to just burn through the whole spell deck in one turn until we got the desired spell. 99% of the time it was Finger of Death!
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.