Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39495152535455 LastLast

Thread: Anyone into Board Games?

1. I'd arjue that that's not a board game!

2. Pandemic and 7 Wonders are really popular around here.

Codenames, then sell me the expansion pack at discount.
    Last edited by Josh; 01 Aug 2019 at 02:19 PM.

4. There's a board game based on the John Carpenter "The Thing" movie. I might have to pick that up sometime.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Aug 2019 at 12:19 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Goddamn, people bootleg this shit too?
    Or could these be real?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-10-S...0AAOSwL35cuWj3

Nothing is real.

7. Counterfeit board games are a thing, and a huge problem on Amazon thanks to how they mingle their own stock with that sent in by third-party sellers using their warehousing & shipping service, in the name of getting your order to you as fast as possible. Just like SD cards, but there’s no htest2w for board games (OTOH it’s much easier to tell just by looking that the components are subpar quality).

SSJN, let me answer your question with a question: are you looking to become a tabletop gaming store, or just offer video gamers the opportunity to dip their toes into the hobby with the odd gateway game?

If the former, you probably need to be more concerned with “what’s the new hotness?” than “what’s a perennial favorite?”. I’ll admit I don’t follow the hobby as closely as I used to, but right now I know Wingspan is one such game. Also you’re gonna need to invest in some tables and chairs - you need to give your customers a reason to want to support you over the cheaper online options, and in tabletop, that means giving them a place to gather and play the games you sell.

If the latter, everything people have already said is good, and I would add Splendor and Ticket to Ride to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Stock up on air freshener.

9. I've tinkered with the idea of doing a Game Craze After Hours type deal. I really don't want "gamers" hanging out in the store during regular hours. They don't know how to act in polite society. I don't want Grandma coming for a new tape for Billy and being aurally assaulted by some nerd that just laid down a phat card. Let alone the other mandatory sensory assaults.
    I close at 5 on Sundays now, so I could do tournament/hang out shit from then to 9 or 10 or whatever.

10. Talk to bbobb. This is his jam.

I know Gloomhaven is white hot right now, but it’s also spendy.
    Boo, Hiss.