Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple allows M$ Windoze (ROFL) on their machines

1. That's not Apple's gig though.

They're not in the business of supporting 6000 pieces of hardware and the near infinite combinations therein. They make beautiful hardware and write beautiful software to use on it.

But... if people dont realize yet why Apple doesnt let Mac OS X run on Pricewatch boxes they never will. Seriously.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 05 Apr 2006 at 02:13 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    That's not Apple's gig though.

They're not in the business of supporting 6000 pieces of hardware and the near infinite combinations therein. They make beautiful hardware and write beautiful software to use on it.

But... if people dont realize yet why Apple doesnt let Mac OS X run on Pricewatch boxes they never will. Seriously.
    and thats the kicker. not as much now, but apples box's are almost static like consoles. a helluva lot easier to make an OS that runs great without having the aforementioned 6000 pieces of hardware.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sphere79
    Now if only Apple would release OSX for standard x86 boxes (like they should have along time ago), maybe those of us who like to build their own system would have options beyond Linux/Windows/etc. And their marketshare might actually be bigger to boot.......
    Apple is a hardware company - the software they make is made to sell the hardware. Making OSX run on any standard PC would probably kill Apple, as they can't compete with Windows on that level, due to how entrenched Windows already is.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Hmm. After I get my tax refund, I'll be in the market for a new computer. I might consider picking up a Mac since I'll be able to run XP apps on it.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

5. I'd consider one if they priced the hardware in-line with what's in it, and not just whatever they want.

Best use of this, Mac Mini + Windows Media Center HTPC, but media center isn't supported yet. Bummer.
    Last edited by stormy; 05 Apr 2006 at 03:40 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    That's not Apple's gig though.

They really don't. They make average, but grossly overpriced systems. Say what you will about pricewatch boxes, you get a better computer for less money that way.

Still this is a great move on their part, and while it might be seen as a bit of a concession, it's giving their customers more, so good job.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Truth be told if I had an intel mac I'd boot into windows and run Nuendo2 and use its sexy, sexy VSTi's.
    Nuendo is for Mac also. As a matter of fact, Nuendo 1 if, if I recall correctly, was released as Mac only, pending the Windows port.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I didn't even think of dual booting.
    noob. NOOB!

8. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    I'd consider one if they priced the hardware in-line with what's in it, and not just whatever they want.
    Umm compare the prices to Dell's or any other manufacturers. You don't really expect them to compete with fucking Pricewatch do you? It's just not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    I'd consider one if they priced the hardware in-line with what's in it, and not just whatever they want.
    Their intel hardware prices, in compared to similar machines from competitors, are actually quite good/normal.
    I took all your French Toast.

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Umm compare the prices to Dell's or any other manufacturers. You don't really expect them to compete with fucking Pricewatch do you? It's just not comparable.
    No one pays full price for a Dell, there are 30% off coupons on Dells.