Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent driving me completely fucking bananas!

You should fix your NAT errors you noobs. It'll help your upload, and make you connectable to more people.

Its not like its hard... just forward a fucking port.

2. I did forward the relevant ports.

I think its a problem with Windows Firewall but I cant figure it out.

My ratios are all good on the sites I frequent.

Turn off Windows Firewall?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    You should fix your NAT errors you noobs. It'll help your upload, and make you connectable to more people.

Its not like its hard... just forward a fucking port.
    I still upload at like 50kbps. Doesnt matter to me. I forwarded my port and I still get NAT errors. So as long I can upload and download, who cares?

5. I have utorrent also, and maybe this will give a clearer indication of the problem:

see where it says "connection closed by peer"? That ALWAYS happens. How do I stop that?

EDIT: On second thought, that second image might've given out more information than I want floating on a public message board. Needless to say, it was a screengrab showing that my ports were properly forwarded.

EDIT AGAIN:

Even though my utorrent says that that torrent has 0 seeders and 117 leechers, the page at torrentspy says that there are 39 seeders and like, 400 leechers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	884 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	19023  
    Last edited by Korly; 06 Apr 2006 at 03:19 PM.

6. The pages with how many seeders and leechers arent always accurate or updated every minute. Does the connection closed by peer always show up? Did you try different ports?

7. yeah, I've tried sever al ports, and several torrents. This happens on EVERY torrent. I had Josh test a torrent for me (the new LOST) which he said was working really well, and moving quickly, but it didn't work for me.

This sucks.

8. I have all of JLU on my computer. If you want to get on some DC++ channel you can download off of me.

9. Sweet. I've been wanting to figure out DC++ for awhile now.

I'll probably hit you up about this later tonight.

10. Guess what Korly! I live on Kent Island as well. I am having the exact same issues as you. My friend Walt who also lives on Kent Island recently encountered the exact same issue. I think our problem lies here.