Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent driving me completely fucking bananas!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Soulseek
    I need more than music, I have apps that I currently need.

So noone has been able to use torrents that has Atlantic BB? If so, this sucks.

2. I got Photoshop cs2 working w/serial from soulseek. and ms office xp.

soulseek ftw.

3. You can get those from limewire or any torrent site.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    You can get those from limewire or any torrent site.
    not if you're living on kent island. did you read the thread?

5. Alantic Broaband says they "filter" torrent p2p traffic

I talked to Tech Support at Atlantic Broadband today and they told me they do not block any Torrent traffic but after I pressed him a bit more he admitted that they "filter" torrent traffic which means they throttle the traffic and cut your bandwidth and speed down when you are trying to use any p2p client. But I too live on Kent Island and found out today that I can no longer use any type of torrent client nor will Limewire work anymore. When I use the Bittorrent i cannot access any trackers..so they must be just cutting our bandwidth down to nothing. This really makes me mad..I pay for a certain bandwidth and don't get it. I have the Max service and pay the premium price but cannot use it the way I want to. Atlantic BB wants to charge us but will not upgrade the network to allow us to use it correctly.

What you need to do is call tech support and lodge a complaint and keep doing it until something is done.

6. Did you guys get this resolved? It's started happening to me and it's really pissing me off not being able to fix it.

7. Switch services. Nothing speaks as loud as the all-mightly dollar.

EDIT: Has anyone been having problems with Comcast? Downloads on Ares have been pretty slow regardless of a file having 55 users. DC++ isn't even letting me connect to about 98% of the people on, making the program completely useless.
    Last edited by Raz0r; 30 Apr 2006 at 01:00 AM.

8. I'm on Comcast.

I really don't wanna have to switch, I've got a need for speed that the DSL company can't provide.

9. So... I don't give a fuck anymore. Bit torrents mean nothing to me now. My connection is sick and I use soulseek to get everything I want. Quickly.

10. I've read that Azureus does packet spoofing which might work for you and bypass the throttle.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico