Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Suggestion for Max Anime.

1. The Communities area of TNL is for (ready?) communities. Our movie and music discussion is good and it makes sense that those two get their own boards. Max Anime was added for a fairly distinct community, but are anime, manga, and J-pop fans in the same category as comic book fans? Would the new board cater to a distinct community?

I occasionally went into the big comic book thread in Sound Off, but I don't generally go into Max Anime at all - other than for admin purposes. Maybe if the anime threads were in Cinemania and the J-pop threads were in Music Discussion (which I've been thinking about renaming, by the way) they would get more readers?

I do wish we had enough interest for a book forum and a wrestling forum, because those are distinct enough categories to warrant their own sites - let alone their own message boards and subforums. But lumping Family Guy, Fist of the North Star, and New Avengers into the same forum? I'm not convinced.

But that's just my opinion, not "the official word" to end the matter. TNL is here for everyone to enjoy, and we'll do whatever's best.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    But would you put the artist block in there too, because that name kinda implies that there'd be art there?
    i didnt really read too much of the thread. i just assumed that the artist block would be a part of it as well since its almost a ghost town too.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Music Discussion (which I've been thinking about renaming, by the way)
    The Soundboard
    The Mixing Room
    Eardrum Destruction
    TNL Mixtape: Vol. F-Chan

for Max Anime, just leave it as is. everyone already posts their cartoon discussion in Cinemania because that's where all our tv show stuff is, and comics seem to be doing fine in Sound Off under it's one or two dedicated threads. or just set up new boards and test run them for a couple of months. we've already gone through this shit with adding new sections (sports, politics...), and well, yea. didn't really work out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    It could be Animation Station / Comic Depot
    This is the best name by far.

5. Fair enough, if it's not meant to be, lets move the threads back where they were and forget this ever happened.

Well. I still like the idea.

7. I do too, but if it's not meant to be, then it's not meant to be.

8. Just do it.

Everybody'll bitch for a week, then get back to buisness. I don't like the idea myself, but I'd get over it.