Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Your Top Ten Anime List

1. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    Berserk

Ping Pong Club

.... Um, yeah. I need to come up with more there.
    Ping Pong Club was fucking great!!!

2. Lots of good lists already, so I'll just add one that no one's mentioned. Texhnolyze. I watched that last 2 discs again recently and remained as impressed as ever.
    Last edited by Prince Planet; 12 Apr 2006 at 06:07 PM.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

3. The problem with a question like this is that I like many different types of anime, so I found myself narrowing it down by genre. In no particular order:

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou. 彼氏彼女の事情. (His and Her Circumstances)

The Slayers. スレイヤーズ

Robotech (My first and one of the few that I prefer in English-the Macross and Genesis Climber: MOSPEADA parts, screw Dana Sterling and the Southern Cross imo.)

Seikai no Monshou. 星界の紋章 (Crest of Stars, Banner of the stars, etc)

Bleach.ブリーチ

Vision of Escaflowne.天空のエスカフローネ

Kodomo no omocha. こどものおもちゃ

FuriKuri (FLCL)

Cowboy Bebop カウボーイビバップ

Magic Knight Rayearth 魔法騎士レイアース.

These may not be the *best* series, but they're my favorite. : ) If we had done movies specifically, it would be miyazaki films up the wazoo. I tried to limit it to TV series (FLCL aside).

4. Quote Originally Posted by LenLen
    Bleach.ブリーチ
    No new eps til May 2nd

5. Quote Originally Posted by LenLen

Robotech (My first and one of the few that I prefer in English-the Macross and Genesis Climber: MOSPEADA parts, screw Dana Sterling and the Southern Cross imo.)

Vision of Escaflowne.天空のエスカフローネ

Kodomo no omocha. こどものおもちゃ

Cowboy Bebop カウボーイビバップ

If we had done movies specifically, it would be miyazaki films up the wazoo. I tried to limit it to TV series (FLCL aside).
    This compares favorably to my list.

6. I just couldn't get into Cowboy Bebop. I watched the whole thing, but in the end I just didn't care for it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    I just couldn't get into Cowboy Bebop. I watched the whole thing, but in the end I just didn't care for it.
    Well you're not much of a Space Cowboy, now are you? Tsk tsk.

I was watching Project Eden again last night (Original Dirty Pair movie). I love that movie but boy the dub sucks all the fun out of it. I switched back to Japanese after 10 or 15 minutes, and no that's not me being an f-chan snob either. It's just that lots of old dubs are barely passable and this one in particular really changes the personalities of the girls themselves, you know, the main draw of the show?

I recommend this movie a lot. It's really good fun and, erm, (Chux be forewarned!) Cowboy Bebopish and has pretty amazing animation. This can be bought for $20 in the Original Dirty Pair movie box along with the other two movies. I think it's worth it.

8. Don't get me wrong, I like space jams, bounty hunters etc. I just didn't like the (On the whole) episodic nature. I want my anime to flow into the next ep. Cowboy Bebop did that but it was WAY too late into it before I could start caring.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Don't get me wrong, I like space jams, bounty hunters etc. I just didn't like the (On the whole) episodic nature. I want my anime to flow into the next ep. Cowboy Bebop did that but it was WAY too late into it before I could start caring.
    I can see this. It's been awhile since I've watched it, but I remember some episodes ranging from freaking-amazing to not-really-that-amazing-at-all.

10. Cowboy Bebop
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Sailor Moon
    Azumanga Daioh
    and FLCL 6 times.
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do