Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Steel

1. Red Steel

n the April issue of Game Informer Magazine, Editor-In-Chief Andy McNamara said that there would be a surprise in the next issue of Game Informer, and today we have the pleasure of letting you in on the secret.

After months of waiting, Game Informer Magazine is proud to present the world exclusive first look at a game for the Nintendo Revolution.

But not just any game. Red Steel comes from the Ubisoft Paris team, which is comprised of industry veterans who worked on franchises like Prince of Persia, Far Cry Instincts, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell.

What kind of game is it? What is it about?

You’ll have to wait till the magazine hits the streets to find out. We answer these simple questions and many more in our eleven-page hands-on report. Look out for massive screenshots side by side with pictures of gamers actually demonstrating what you'll do with the Revolution remote.

In addition, we have an in-depth interview with Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications George Harrison, in which we poke and prod him about Nintendo’s upcoming console.

Plus, we have two other exclusive first looks from developers whose pedigree can’t be denied. One from Raven Software, and the other from Kaos Studios (a new studio whose core team is responsible for the award-winning Battlefield 1942 mod, Desert Combat)

Game Informer subscribers should start to receive their May issues any day now, so keep your eyes peeled.

Also, Game Informer Unlimited goes live on April 20th, where you’ll be able to get even more info about Red Steel, and the complete transcript of our interview with George Harrison! Stay tuned!

-GI Staff

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1251.24078.htm

Apparently the screens have been leaked. I'll try to find them.

Shitty name. Another action-game generator title game.

3. Sounds like it should involve Communists.
    And, it looks like that's a sword on the cover.
    That means it's about Russian Ninjas.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

4. "All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

5. There's a gun, too. Buffed up current gen Splinter Cell engine + POP meets DMC + swinging swordtroller around = hey, maybe it'll be good. People seem to like Prince of Persia when he's not being totally effin' metal.
    -Kyo

Looks cool enough, but I want to see what else it does besides shooting a pistol. From those three screens it looks like virtua cop with free roaming movement. If you can shimmy up to a guy and give him the shiv though the game is 100 times better instantly.

Glad someone's developing something nice and violent to attract fans.

7. bummer, u can't link the pictures

oh well,it looks good anyways. and now that i thingk about it, motion sensing would be awesome for FPS games.
    Last edited by marwan; 07 Apr 2006 at 05:22 PM.

8. Shouldn't be long before full scans of the mag are up. I'd like to read about it.

9. Seems like a cool idea, now it just needs to play well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. It's totally a nonsense point, but I smile a bit at the idea that, using the Revmote tracking, you can hold your gun either "regular" or "gangsta" style. It's a little touch, and no doubt pointless, but still a nice touch.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.