Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capcom announces Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded for PSP

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    They need to get the D&D games and the arcade AvP game on one of these.

Licensing issues or no.
    These and Willow are ALL I want out of Capcom in a Collection Series. I dont need these games that I've played to death and beaten over and over all ready. Never played Eco Fighters but how good can it be.

And another Street Fighter 2 - ? COL (Cry Out Loud)

Quote Originally Posted by Shidoshi
    Sad that Capcom's best games from that genre all have licensing issues.
    What Capcom needs to do is change them up a little bit if they have to. Change the sprites up a bit in AvP and call it Xenodragon Vs. PredOX. Change Ufgood's sprite up in Willow and call it Peck Madness. D&D? Does TSR have rights to calling a character a Thief, Wizard, Fighter etc.? I dont think so.
    If so give me Ninja, Battle Mage, and Kung-fu Master. Something. There has to be a way around that.
    Last edited by Jetman; 07 Apr 2006 at 09:50 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Yup. Sad that Capcom's best games from that genre all have licensing issues.
    Right. We'll probably never see The Punisher except for the totally FUBARed Genesis version. Licensing issues suck.

Aliens vs. Predator being stuck in limbo like this is a grave tragedy.

3. wow, this will be the first time that an arcade-quality port of
    Knights Of The Round is released for home. the watered-down SNES translation didn't cut it. (hows that for a pun).

Arcade 'Knights Of The Round'

Arcade 'The King Of Dragons'

IMO, KotR and TKoD are actually more fun than Capcom's
    Dungeons & Dragons: Tower Of Doom, and Shadow Over Mysteria

4. Ive never played those two games, they look pretty fucking sweet though. Too bad its on the PSP, with its maddening amount of screen blur.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

5. I didnt know that King of Dragons had an arcade counterpart.

I've played through both KoD and KotR on SNES and wasnt really impressed by them. From those pics it seems like they both may have been missing some stuff though as far as boss fights and different levels? I dont know...

6. Good question.

Are the SNES versions of Knights of the Round and King of Dragons missing any GAMEPLAY content that the arcade versions have?
    (extra powerups, weapons, stages, bosses etc.)

I don't remember specifically what was missing in the SNES versions but the feel of the attacks wasn't as good as the arcade. The same goes with Captain Commando. Final Fight, despite all the missing stuff, felt closest to the original to me.

Aside from the lack of licensed games, I'm impressed with all the arcade games Capcom has been re-releasing lately. I wish Sega, Nintendo, Konami, etc. would do the same with their arcade histories.

8. Eco Fighters is terrible.

9. WHy didn't Punisher Genesis have licensing issues?
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

10. Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits
    WHy didn't Punisher Genesis have licensing issues?
    They probably, at the time, had the rights to do a home port. Years later, they no doubt no longer have those rights.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.