I know and love tables, and have figured out how to do damn near anything with them. The future, though, isn't tables, but CSS positioning, and I'm trying my best to get myself switched over. However, there are still some issues that I just can't grasp my brain around, so I thought maybe somebody here could help.

First, here is what I'm basically trying to do:

First thing I did was create a div to make the basic structure. Set it to position: relative, and then use position: absolute to put the four corner images in their proper placed to create the rounded corners. Then, I have a background image with a repeat-y for the two-tone background.

Okay, so far so good. Here is where I start to not be sure how things could possibly work, and if I can do what I want to do.

Block A is no problem. Have a div with absolute positioning, and tell it where its top, right, and left should be. Block B, however, stumps me, because neither Block A nor Block B will have a set height content wise. Block A should usually be the same amount of content, but sometimes it'll have a title that may need to wrap to a second line.

What I'm basically trying to figure out is:

- Is there any way to position Block B in relation to where Block A ended? If all of this were a table, the cells would automatically work themselves out, height wise. But Block A is absolutely positioned, and I have no clue how to say, "Okay, Block A ended here, so now position Block B X pixels below that." I could give it its own absolute top positioning, but I'd like to know if there is a more adjustable way of doing it.

- The main div, the one that set all of this up, I can't fully understand if I can have its height adjust accordingly depending on the included blocks. This is one of the things I really haven't been able to understand yet about CSS. Again, with tables, they enlarge or shrink depending on their content. With CSS, and absolutely positioned divs, that doesn't seem to be the case, because everything is working in absolutes.

I really like CSS positioning, because you can be so precise with it, but as soon as heights and widths become variable, I start to lose understanding of how to do certain things.