Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Random Freezing

1. Possibly, but I'll have to un Xbox modify it first, which is fine, windows has 20% more to go. I'll let you know if that turns out to be it. I also have an old WD that I stopped using because it went all clicky and kinda died, but maybe it's magically working again like hardware seems to do.

2. Alright, well I settled for switching to a harddrive I at one point thought to be dead which appears to be working again. For how long don't know, so I figure I can send in my seagate now while I use this one. It SEEMS to be working, but I'll have to let it run longer and see if I get the same akward freezes before I know for sure.

The worst part about all this is every second I'm using my PC, I'm fearing there will be bad news.
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 21 Apr 2006 at 03:47 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    The worst part about all this is every second I'm using my PC, I'm fearing there will be bad news.
    Don't be the victim that so many people here have been, and BACK YOUR SHIT UP, or be prepared to shed a tear.

4. Nono I don't really care about any of the stuff on my PC. NOne of it's anything special or especially valuable, it's that if it does freeze up (which it did) it means the problem is still there and it's a problem I don't know how to fix. I don't mind having a computer issue I can fix but when there are a number of possibilities it's stressful, I'd rather not replace three things in hopes to fix my computer.

And occt just told me my computer was unstable but it didn't fucking tell me how.
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 21 Apr 2006 at 11:14 AM.

5. Reread the error: It generated a computation error. You may not experiances troubles in your day to day work. But your CPU can generate errors.

So I guess, it's my CPU unless there's any other possibility.'

So looking for any ideas on what kind of CPU to get.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Reread the error: It generated a computation error. You may not experiances troubles in your day to day work. But your CPU can generate errors.

So I guess, it's my CPU unless there's any other possibility.'

So looking for any ideas on what kind of CPU to get.
    Dont mean to thread crap but I have a freezing problem as well. For those who read, the clips that hold the heatsink fell off (poor soldering to hold them in place?). Anyways, I may be in search for a new motherboard if it is out of warranty. Any suggestions? I have a ASUS P4B533 right now. I dont need anything fancy or expensive. Something capable to run my graphics program. I dont play PC games.