Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting picky over $60 games

1. Getting picky over $60 games

When I first got my 360, I got a bunch of stuff to go with it. Kameo was free, what with one thing and another, but I paid full price for Ridge Racer, NFS: Most Wanted, and Dead or Alive 4. It being the first console of the new generation, I figured what the hell.

Well, I've had the 360 for almost five months now and frankly, the $60 price on its games is making me think twice about anything I might buy for it. I was planning on Tomb Raider tomorrow, for example, but the "decent but nothing special" reviews mean I don't feel any rush. Talk to me in two months when I can snag it used for $40 and I'm there, unless I decide that I've waited this long so I might as well hold off a bit longer.

Anyone else finding that the extra $10 for next-gen games is making them much more choosy? Much as I like my 360 (quite a bit) I really don't feel like blowing that kind of cash on a game until June's Dead Rising. Games are fun, I still play more than my share, but it's not like there aren't plenty of them out there to keep me busy in the $30-$40 range.

Happy ending for the two lackluster racing games, by the way- I used them with EB's trade-2, get-new-game-free deal for Oblivion and then did a 1 for 1 swap at Best Buy for the PC deluxe version.

James

The higher price is making me picky. I own two games for my 360.

(about to get fight night though lololol)

3. I've always been picky about my games. I'll only pay full price for big name titles like Halo, Zelda, Metroid, etc. Other than that, I'll wait for the game to hit $20 or below. The only game I'm looking to pay full price right now for the 360 is Oblivion (which I don't have yet because of school).

4. I haven't paid more than $20 for a game in a long time unless I feel there won't be any other choice, as I did with Ibara and Under Defeat, much less drop $400 for a 360 when there's plenty of PS2/Xbox games I haven't even got to yet. I mean, the library of the current generation is so vast it kind of boggles my mind, and the improved visuals of the 360 don't have all that great an impact on me. The games I want for it will still be there (and be cheaper) if I chose to get one, and more likely be ported to the PS3 anyway.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I dunno, for me nowadays it comes down to whether I want a game or not. If I want it, I buy it without bitching too much about the cost. I don't buy as many as I used to so throwing the extra 10 dollars at a game hasn't affected me much yet.

6. I try to be picky about the stuff I buy, especially since I rarely have to buy games now. I want the ones I spend money on to be things that I'll enjoy. Like Nash, I'll pay $50 for the Grade-A stuff I know I'll get my money's worth out of (Zelda, GTA, and that's about it) and then just wait for everything else to drop in price. $60 game prices have played a part in me not being in any rush to get the system. I do have some hope that prices will drop though. Amped 3 has already dropped to $40, and if PGR 3 follows suit soon, it'll hasten my 360 purchase.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. i'm the same wait til it drops to 20 bucks. they always do..

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    I haven't paid more than $20 for a game in a long time unless I feel there won't be any other choice, as I did with Ibara and Under Defeat, much less drop $400 for a 360 when there's plenty of PS2/Xbox games I haven't even got to yet. I mean, the library of the current generation is so vast it kind of boggles my mind, and the improved visuals of the 360 don't have all that great an impact on me. The games I want for it will still be there (and be cheaper) if I chose to get one, and more likely be ported to the PS3 anyway.
    I feel the exact same way. LoL @ people paying $60 per game. (Even though I paid $85+ for Chrono Trigger and FF6 back in the day, 'twas a different era.)

9. Up to this point I've had no problem paying full price for games. I'll be snagging Odama tomorrow at $50, for instance, despite the lackluster commentary it's received. It's just that $60 is a step too far, unless the game is really expected to be amazing.

If I want it, I buy it without bitching too much about the cost.
    That's exactly what I've been doing until now. As it turns out, $60 is when I begin to want things a bit less than I did before.

James