Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (PSP)

1. Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception (PSP)

Damn, Namco and Capcom are really stepping it up a notch on the PSP. Looks fantastic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acx.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	19047  
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. And people say Nintendo handhelds are derivative.

3. Nintendo handhelds are awesome.

C'mon, don't crap on Ace Combat, Burg.

4. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    And people say Nintendo handhelds are derivative.
    You know, not every single thread about a DS or PSP game needs to become unbearably retarded.

Anyway, Ace Combat is awesome, but I'm not sure how well it'd work on a small screen. Still could be awesome if it works out well, though.

5. Ace Combat is alright.

But this should be called Ace Combat: The Exact Same Shit but Now You Can Awkwardly Play It on the Train.

6. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    But this should be called Ace Combat: The Exact Same Shit
    Which, in this case, is quite alright with me. A game doesn't have to be innovative or original to be fun.

Anyway, as for AC, I think it'll actually benefit pretty significantly by the widescreen. I'm not sure how the control scheme is going to work, though. But I don't remember using the right analog with AC before, so maybe it'll be good, save for the shoulder buttons.

7. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    Ace Combat is alright.

But this should be called Ace Combat: The Exact Same Shit but Now You Can Awkwardly Play It on the Train.
    The Nintendo DS: a PDA for poor people and pedophiles.

8. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    Ace Combat is alright.

Actually, this should be called Ace Combat: We've Seen Four Screens And Some Text In Moon Language So What The Fuck Are You Basing This On Outside Of Your Inherent Dislike Of The PSP.

9. Blue Lightning had no analog stick and two buttons, yet that didn't stop it from being the best air combat game of its time on any console, portable or not.

So let's not be too quick to fret over the PSP's control scheme.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. You know ive never played an Ace Combat game and ive always been interested in them. Any recommendations for where to start with the series?
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series