Thread: Help..Keynote!

1. Help..Keynote!

OK, I dont know an MAC so I borrowed from from the campus' art department. I'm taking an Advertising Production class that is entering in a National Student Advertising Competition. My main job was to build a semi-working website..just to show the judges what it can do. But it turns out I helped out alot in the actual advertising book, auditioned to be a presenter during the competition and now, the Professor wants me to do the actual presentation layout.

Only problem is that I wont be using PowerPoint. She suggested that I use Keynote. I never used it or heard of it till now. Hell, I barely know how to use PowerPoint (hardly had to use it). So, what are good sites? Yes, I tried google but some if not majority, gives you a few videos and wants you to subscribe or pay for the rest. I dont have the time to view all movies. This thing needs to be done in less then 2-3 weeks.

So any quick tutorials on how to use this?

Our whole layout is pretty much like a case file (like from FBI, CIA or any cases). My idea was to have the minila envelope and when it goes to the next slide, it looks as if the paper was taken out of the folder and placed on top of the folder to show whatever graph or information. Does anyone know if thats possible? Am I even making any sense?

2. Apple has keynote tutorial quicktime movies on their website. I just used Keynote to do a presentation for a public speaking class and had never used the program before, and had barely touched PowerPoint prior. I found it very easy to use and produced much more professional-looking results than your typically cheesy-looking clipart-laden PowerPoint presentation.

You're a graphic design major right? Get in there, play around, and don't be afraid to use the help files. Most everything is controlled by the inspector pallete.
    Last edited by K3V; 14 Apr 2006 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    I found it very easy to use and produced much more professional-looking results than your typically cheesy-looking clipart-laden PowerPoint presentation.
    Sick. I need to try this, then. I've always hated your typical, ugly PowerPoint presentation that EVERYONE seems to do. Nobody takes pride in showing off their work anymore.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Sick. I need to try this, then. I've always hated your typical, ugly PowerPoint presentation that EVERYONE seems to do. Nobody takes pride in showing off their work anymore.
    Yeah, the potential for disaster is still there, but if you have any sense of visual design then you should be able to come up with something great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. By the way, it's Mac, not MAC. MAC is Media Access Control.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Thanks. I'll take a look at the quicktime movies. I saw the last years competition which they did it on Yahoo!. It looked OK. Hopefully I have the time to look at the movies and do the slides. The clock is ticking...

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    By the way, it's Mac, not MAC. MAC is Media Access Control.
    Mr. Technical