Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Neutrality

1. Nice troll posting. Can someone tell me what organization will regulate ICANN and if it will be possible for a coalition of anti-free speech nations to shut down a specific website they no longer like?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

They were already doing that in their own borders

3. Right, but the concern is once ICANN is managed internationally, then a website can be shut down globally if it offends a majority of the regulators, or just one if they hold enough pull to sway the others?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

yeah, thats going to work out.

Russia: "hello, viacom, we'd really like it if you took down your website with all this information that makes us look bad:
    Viacom "oh yeah, we will get right on it"

5. Not exactly. It just pays X,Y, & Z members of the council, they vote, and Viacom's registry is no longer recognized. ...although I can't imagine it would happen to something as big as Viacom. Sega-16.com on the other hand may talk shit about Cubans, then get pulled.

what does obama and the evil demos have to gain in your conspiracy theory?

7. Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05 Sep 2016 at 01:34 AM.

8. dns is not the internet. You can use your own if you want to.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Currency is not the economy. You can use your own if you want to.
    Really? Awesome. Let me write up some IOUs and take them to the strip club!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    If Obama is giving away the internets, I want one!
    Only if you're Chinese