Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Neutrality

1. Man that sucks hopefully there's still a chance it can be amended to include mobile internet service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    even if it has the best of intentions
    It doesn't. It's yet another power play by the FCC to expand their authority into even more questionably unconstitutional grounds.

I would love to see the FCC dismantled. Other than regulating radio frequencies they do nothing important or beneficial and I'm sure there's an easier way to get that done too without an appointed fourth branch group that tries to control every form of new media that comes along.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Anal Kaboom View Post
    Man that sucks hopefully there's still a chance it can be amended to include mobile internet service.
    That's not the issue, the issue is that it establishes the FCC the body that can make exceptions and also uses language that allows isps to block content they deem "illegal" which basically means bandwidth intensive download and streaming sites and could extend even to shit like Youtube if they were so inclined.

4. well, it was that or those mock images about tiered internet access becoming real... the fcc at least appears to be trying to protect consumers, canada is already well on the way to that tiered bullshit being the de-facto standard while the crtc cheers the telcos the fuck on

unfortunately by giving the fcc an inch they'll probably take a mile and american internet will be on par with the chinese internet within 5 years

5. Luckily they're fighting this in the courts rather than laying down the way they did for language restriction on broadcast tv and such

6. The internet can't remain as it is forever. The people with power make the rules, and the rules are always designed to fuck the people without power. I'm amazed it lasted this long. It won't fall apart over night. It has to fall apart slow enough that people don't realize what is happening. But we're fucked. When it gets bad enough just unplug and walk away. Not really much to do about it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    The internet can't remain as it is forever. The people with power make the rules, and the rules are always designed to fuck the people without power. When it gets bad enough just unplug and walk away. Not really much to do about it.
    Biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever read. So, you'll lay down while someone kicks the shit out of you? Fuck you Cheebs(I still love ya, but jesus christ.)! Fight for your rights, man.

They're trashing your rights. Trashing ... TRASHING!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. Advo, I've been so pissed off I can't piss any more. Airport security. Food safety legislation. 2 wars that can't possibly be justified. The Patriot act. That bullshit toy safety law. Detainment and torture of American citizens. We're buried in it. Fucked from every angle. Some of it comes to light with Wikileaks or whatever and nothing comes of it. There is so much we can't even see it.

All the while two factions are set up to mis-direct everybody's anger. It's the Dems! It's the Republicans! But the D's and the R's might as well be the same thing. Neither one can do anything. Neither have any real power over the large companies who really run the show. Both of them keep out any real alternative candidates who could actually do something.

Pay no attention to that Google behind the curtain! Rabble rabble Democrats! Rabble rabble Republicans!

It is a perfect system where the companies in charge actually get the people to fight passionately against themselves. We're fucked and I can't piss any more.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 21 Dec 2010 at 09:10 PM.

http://nymag.com/news/features/69791/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	59359  
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Well it seems like our only other option is to take a big one in the ass from the telcos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.