Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: $3.07 for Regular.

1. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave
    Do you like the smell of your own farts?
    Even if this is a slam against me, I have to say "good call" to you. Perfect use. Anyway, I wasn't saying it like that, i'm not saying everyone needds to run out and get one, etc... just saying that even though I fill up less often than I did in my old car, it's still a lot more spent on gas, which is fucked up. $2.77 in MA is what I've seen it around, and in CT it's always worse (Which is why I also hop the border to get gas).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Look on the bright side, if you keep the piece of shit for 10 years, you might break even on buying that faggy hybrid.
    Why do you call it a piece of shit, because it doesn't go 0-60 in 5 seconds? Come on, it's the same as my old car (Civic) just with better mileage (hell it had more features standard too). It wasn't that much more money either, considering what some cars cost, and I was helped out financially as part of a graduation gift. It's not one of those ugly Incites or Prius hybrids, it looks and drives just like a regular car. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter-X
    I miss those $0.85 a gallon days. Damn.
    $0.88 when I first got my license in 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    No in 10 years the batteries will need replacing, which will cost thousands, not to mention all the earth killing by-products of the manufacture and inevitable recycling of the those batteries.

Bio-Diesel/Hydrogen/CNG FTW.
    A much better post than Yoshi's... something based on fact, with more reasoning than "its faggy." Trust me, I get shit all the time, but fuck it... I have a car I like that saves me money now, and is better than my old car in every possible way. I hate the thought of what will happen in 10 years, but unfortunately I didn't know about all that when I first started looking for a new car.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    Even if this is a slam against me, I have to say "good call" to you.
    Just teasing. Personally I hope Hydrogen Fuel Cell takes off in the near future. 99% fewer emissions and water is the primary waste byproduct.
    Last edited by soundwave; 18 Apr 2006 at 05:27 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Stop driving huge cars, assholes.
    If everyone was using smaller tanks the oil companies would probably just raise the price to make up the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    link pls
    I'd love to shove this in people's faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    That seems a bit implausible... we use about 22 billion barrels so you're talking about over 5% of the daily US oil usage... or are you talking about the entire world's fleet of SUVs?
    'America,' which could mean either the US or the entire continent, such is the imprecision of language these days.

1.4 million over 22 billion - Wouldn't that be only 0.0063%?

Anyway, I read it in the motoring section of a newspaper. It was a quiz question/answer and no source was quoted, unfortunately.

Maybe they've factored in trucks as well. According to Top Gear that Ford pickup is the best selling vehicle in the world from US sales alone. They gave it a dreadful review - Huge engine, rear-wheel-drive with the weight at the front. A real death-trap.

5. Err I meant 22 million in this country. Sorry. I hope its accurate.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron
    I heard one of the oil company heads say that either last year or this year is projecting to be their most profitable year ever. Wonder why?
    Um...maybe because they sell oil? Questioning the record earnings of oil companies for 2005 and likely 2006 is like questioning why homebuilders have enriched themselves during the period of high housing prices.

Four components go into gas prices: 1) the price of crude oil, 2) refining cost and margin, 3) state and Fed taxes, and 4) distribution and marketing. Of these four, three are pretty much in their consistent ranges. The difference, of course, is #1, the price of crude oil, now touching $70/barrel. The price of crude oil is set by traders on the NYMEX, so go blame them, then blame the turmoil in Iran, Iraq, and Nigeria, blame diminishing supply and ever-increasing demand from India and China, etc. Whatever you do, brace yourself because there are many who expect prices to hit $100/barrel in the near future.

7. Fuck this, I'm buying a bike.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    Fuck this, I'm buying a bike.
    Personally, I was going for a trike.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

9. It's around $2.50 here.
    Time for a change

10. $2.72 where I'm @. I have like a little more than 1/2 a tank. I can get by till next week. I'm secretly hoping it'll drop a little by next Tues, but I think I'm fooling myself.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png