Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero II - official.

"Guitar Hero" you unwashed hethans.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    Why not consult the 9-page Guitar Hero thread on the front page of this forum and answer your own questions?
    I just thought about it while viewing this topic so I thought I would ask here and what do you know, I got replies. It all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Jonas makes WTFer look like an excellent poster.
    The regular pop in from Bacon McShig to insult, nice. Expected, but nice. I don't really know who WTFer is, but you go you. Your attempt to become diffusionx is quite lame though. Leave the one liners to those who actually do them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    it has 5 buttons and a strum bar. what do you think?
    I've never actually seen the controller before I made the post/you replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehanu
    Fake chords, but it works under the same principles as a guitar. For example, if you're looking at the guitar with it's neck pointing straight up, as long as you hit the correct button, you can hit any other button above it and you're good. If you have a lower button held down, guitar heroes counts it as a miss.

I liked that feature when I played and it allowed me to master it a lot faster than my friend who actually owns it. Well, that and I upstrum in addition to downstrum.
    Thanks, after seeing the controller on an IGN video I kinda wondered if that's how it worked. Looks cool.
    I think if the game ever goes to a lowered - Greatest Hits type deal (obviously would be a bit more than 29.99 CAN because of the controller) I will pick it up and check it out.

3. Meh. I'm holding out for Sitar Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    "Guitar Hero" you unwashed hethans.
    "Heathen" you unwashed guitar heroe.
    -Kyo

4. What about banjo hero or mandolin hero?

5. I need to pick up the first version, but awesome to see a second game already coming along. I'd love to see the game catch on in Japan, so us F-chans could also get a version with some J-rock going on in it.

I'm also curious to see how support for including tracks goes this time, and if we actually see some original versions of songs instead of covers. A lot of bands balked when the first game was being put together, and now suddenly it's a hit and a number of musicians actually like it. It'd be funny if where the developers had to struggle getting people to agree to license their music for the first one, this time around bands come knocking at their door wanting to be in the game.

I also wonder if the success of Guitar Hero has actually screwed Konami as far as bringing Guitar Freaks over here. The drug their heels until somebody else did it, and now if Konami tries to just port the game over to the U.S., people are going to laugh at the song selection when compared to Guitar Hero.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    -co-op mode, letting one player play lead guitar and the other play rythm/bass
    Sold on that alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    Hope they pack in the red guitar this time around.
    That would be fantastic. Ever since I bought my (real) guitar I've had a longing in the back of my head that I should've gotten red instead of black.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas
    I don't really know who WTFer is, but you go you.
    He posts here. Just like you, only more useful but with worse typing skills.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Jonas makes WTFer look like an excellent poster.
    False.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    Day 1 purchase. Hope they pack in the red guitar this time around.
    Same here, but I have the red guitar so I hope they sell it with no guitar.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jonas
    What about banjo hero?
    I think that was on N64.
    No gnus is good gnus.