Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fraps, Video Compression, and Your Mother.

1. Fraps, Video Compression, and Your Mother.

So I got fraps last night, and I was recording some shit, I'm fine with a 6 minute clip being 2gigs, but I need to drop that shit down for easy sharing.

Can anybody point me in the direction of some divx convertors, or encoders.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Can anybody point me in the direction of some divx convertors, or encoders.
    Sorenson has a good video compression program available. That's what I used to use to compress video. Now that Flash 8 has video compression, I've switched to that, but for your sake, I recommend Sorenson.

edit: You bumped my WMP problem thread from the top
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. VirtualDub is all you ever ever need.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    VirtualDub is all you ever ever need.
    QFT. I completely forgot about VirtualDub. It's also free

Tain wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    VirtualDub is all you ever ever need.
    Yeah, I used to have this back in the day... I'll get it again.

6. So here's a question about video compression, what in a machine helps it go faster. We're creating training videos in my office and recording the video through an 800 x 600 camera, using an external capture card (Pinnacle :/). Now apparently I should go ahead and grab virtual dub for the compression, what we're thinking of ordering a specialized computer for it. Is it just high end processing speed or do certain chips do a better job of it than others?

What could we do to make a machine specially designed for Video Compression and Encoding?

7. Quad Core processors I would assume would do the trick as any compression/conversion program worth writing about utilizes multiple cores. As well as a raid setup to move that large amount of data.

8. I switched to Vegas once I got fraps running again on my dual core. I'm sure a quad would do even better. Make sure you have good codecs too if you want to cut down on hdd requirements.

9. I need something to compress mpeg videos after ripping with DVD Decrypter. I cannot put all of my movies on my HDD at these sizes and the TV seasons are even worse. I tried VirtualDub but that didn't work.

Help.

10. Also, and mpeg to avi converters that are worth downloading?