Thread: Utorrent seems to be having problems with my router

1. Utorrent seems to be having problems with my router

I'm trying to set up Utorrent on my computer but it's saying that no incoming connections are being let in. I followed the instructions on the port forwarding website and nothing. So here's what is going on so far:

I have a Netgear MR814. I followed the instructions from www.portforwarding.com to a tee, I set up a port to forward from and such, yet it still doesn't allow connections. I've even turned off all the firewalls and nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Help. <3

2. do you have a regular port number, or TCP/UDP setup? Also have you bothered to make an exception profile in windows firewall?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. There's a check box in Utorrent to make an exception for it so I just clicked that. Also, I use Zone Alarm.

Because I don't know what TCP/UCP is, I'm going to say I have a regular port number.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Because I don't know what TCP/UCP is, I'm going to say I have a regular port number.
    Well just count that as a port number cause that's all it is. If you got both listed as seperate numbers, you'll have to put down the profiles for each of them seperately. Just do utorrent1, put TCP port, then utorrent2 on second profile with UCP and it should work.

And even if you just check the exception, you'll still have to bother with the firewall. Put the profile in anyway.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

5. And where do I find this number? I went to Utorrent's connections page and it gives me one number. I put that number in the port forwarding option of my router and it still says it's a shit connection.

I have no idea how to do what you're describing, though.

6. After constant tweaking with Utorrent and getting nothing, I tempted fate and fucked with the router hoping not to have to install new firmware. I created a port forwarding group there instead of through Utorrent and voila! It works great now.

7. y'know if your router has upnp functionality you could use that so utorrent would automatically forward a random port whenever you run it

8. I looked for it but couldn't find it.

9. I guess it doesn't really matter since you got it working and all, but http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...gearMR814.mspx tells you how to set up upnp on your router

10. Thanks, I'll save it just in case.