Thread: Help me or die!!!

1. Help me or die!!!

Aight my comps been out of comission for a while and i need help figuring out wats wrong with it so here goes maybe on of u guys can help...

Basically when i turn it on the on light and the working light stay on but nothing boots up and the monitor light goes to orange...my bro thinks its the power supply and i think its the motherboard...now i've burned out motherboards before (yeah i have horrible luck) and there was a bad smell theres no bad smell this time...my bro says theres a smell coming from the power supply but i dont smell anything.

SO HELP ME SO I CAN PLAY GUILD WARS lol plz thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. Check your blinker fluid.

If your idea of diagnosis is "smells like a motherboard," there are far, far worse things you could do than take it to a service center.

3. I'm plannin on taking it to a service center i just wanna know what u guys think so i dont get bamboozled damn computer nerds are worse than car salesman they'll be able to tell i dont know what im talking about as soon as i walk in...
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. Try out a spare power supply if you have one before you do anything...

Do you have an AGP or PCIe video card in there? Do you also have onboard video? If so, try pulling out the card and using the onboard and see if it boots.

6. if you have more than 1 stick of memory, just use one. if that one doesnt work try the other one. if that doesnt work try one stick in a different slot

pop your cmos jumper and reset the cmos

reseat your processor

check all cabling

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo
    Do you have an AGP or PCIe video card in there? Do you also have onboard video? If so, try pulling out the card and using the onboard and see if it boots.
    its an agp will that make a difference?

yeah diff im an idiot i havent thought of that i'll try it after work but i dont think it is cause the fan boots up when i turn it on...if that means anything...