Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPU and Motherboards

1. My guess is the CPU/Motherboard as it's the last remaining logical conclusion. I put in an entirely different harddrive that occurs with the same issue, exact same.

I'm thinking of trying to sell my 1g of ram that's in 3 sticks, and taking up the Fry offer of http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4654178 which seems to me like a really good deal. Think it's possible to get much for 3 sticks of PC3200 Ram totalling to 1 gig?
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 21 Apr 2006 at 07:35 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    My guess is the CPU/Motherboard as it's the last remaining logical conclusion.
    so you don't know and are still saying myself and diff are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    I put in an entirely different harddrive that occurs with the same issue, exact same.
    ?
    odd...that's not what this says.

"Alright, well I settled for switching to a harddrive I at one point thought to be dead which appears to be working again. For how long don't know, so I figure I can send in my seagate now while I use this one. It SEEMS to be working, but I'll have to let it run longer and see if I get the same akward freezes before I know for sure."

3. I do know it's not the harddrive. And it wouldn't make sense to be the video card since sound and everything else dies with it. Ram errors bring up bluescreens, and the error consists over other hard drives. I took out the on board nic leaving me with only the basic peripherals.

I'm using a hard drive that at one point I thought had a click and would die, in place of the hard drive that really shows no outwardly signs of being a problem. The one that use to click doesn't seem to be clicking anymore and actually running (as it use to not run, at all).

ANd that message was right after I installed it.

And while we're at it, Fry's has a 300gb maxter's hard drive for 90, that's tempting too :/
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 21 Apr 2006 at 07:43 PM.

4. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I'm in search of a new mobo. Mine is currently a ASUS P4B533 and the clips on the heatsink popped off. I guess the soldiering is no longer there. I have a feeling warranty is outdated too. So if anyone can recommmend a decent mobo it would be appreciated. I'm mainly using it for graphic design and heavy programs. I dont play PC games.

Me being a noob when it comes to these things doesnt help at all

I was about to write about how it would be useless to upgrade to the Celeron D from what you already have (since an Athlon 2800 if FASTER in most applications) but it seems you already figured it out and are looking at the A64's. Excellent.

BTW...gimme your 2800, I'm running an Athlon 2200 now
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. I went ahead with the MOBO/Chip deal from Frys for 116, along with A 2 GIG OF RAM DEAL (caps) for 120. I can send it to you GohanX, but I don't know if it works, I think that's the reason my computer is screwing up atm, pay shipping and send me cash if it works and I'd be happy :P.