Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPU and Motherboards

1. CPU and Motherboards

Alright from my other thread, looking into getting a new CPU and Motherboard. Not trying to go balls out expensive, but from this article I'm leaning towards the cheaper than AMDs processor of the Celeron D 335 which looks to me like it should be absolutely fine. And for about 80 bucks including shipping, it sounds very worth it to me. Does anyone have any experiance with this chipset or any articles than counter the one I posted? Or perhaps you have your own suggestions of which to go with.

I have a socket A ATM within my motherboard so in order to get a new CPU (The Celeron D is Socket 478) I'll most likely need a new motherboard. The one I am leaning towards is This one Which seems like it would accomadate both my financial and physical needs (I only really need 3+ ram slots, one addon slot for a nic, and an AGP slot.) And for simplicity I'd probably get both from the same site as listed.

Anyways any disaproval or input would be greatly appreciated on this matter, I'll be looking around a little more myself as well.

2. celeron's are neutered shit.

3. How about some basis. Because the Celeron D seems fine.

4. You should keep an eye on the combo deals at Fry's (or Outpost.com if you're not near a Fry's). You can usually score a great price on the processor with the motherboard essentially thrown in for free. They put out a couple every week. Go for it when you see one that'll suit your needs and budget.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    How about some basis. Because the Celeron D seems fine.
    well you didnt listen to me in your other thread, and i quote "no it can't be the hdd" when it turned out to be just that so i dont expect you to listen but how about a shit fsb and horrible cache for starters? as if the price wasnt the biggest signal flare there ever was. why do people always think they can get decent pc hardware for cheap ass prices?

6. DD stop being a whiny bitch.

Also I mentioned the hard drive being a problem before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    You should keep an eye on the combo deals at Fry's (or Outpost.com if you're not near a Fry's). You can usually score a great price on the processor with the motherboard essentially thrown in for free. They put out a couple every week. Go for it when you see one that'll suit your needs and budget.
    Sounds about right. All the sites have combo deals of varying quality.

7. who's bitching? i tell him it sucks and then have to explain why.

and you get a cookie for mentioning it first, but you're not important enough for me to link one.

8. You didn't explain why in the original post which is what I was asking for. And, you were completely wrong about the hard drive thing, it's something else so I don't see your point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103376

Is my current CPU, so the Celeron has more FBS than my current, but it has half the L2 cache and half the L1 cache.
    Last edited by Thief~Silver; 21 Apr 2006 at 06:50 PM.

9. http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4811530 looks like a good deal, the processor is 2.0ghz, 128 L1, 512 L2, 1600mhz Bus speed. Only problem with the deal is that the MB only has 2 DIMM slots, which forces me to 768 Ram :/

10. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    You didn't explain why in the original post which is what I was asking for. And, you were completely wrong about the hard drive thing, it's something else so I don't see your point.
    so what was it then?