Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teamspeak

1. Teamspeak

I wanted to add this to my games like guild wars but I've noticed that they have host servers that you have to pay for in order to be part of. I'm wondering if anyone has used this program and knows any good free servers that I can get set up with?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. I dont think there are any... WOW'ers pay for TS and Vent for RF and they're cheapasses...

3. Ventrilo is about 60000% better.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Free Teamspeak servers typically have absurdly shitty voice quality.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas in iraq
    Ventrilo is about 60000% better.
    This man speaks the truth.

Ventrilo FTW.

5. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33
    Free Teamspeak servers typically have absurdly shitty voice quality.

This man speaks the truth.

Ventrilo FTW.
    Word. I don't know about buying a server, but find some ppl you play with with a vent server, and I'm sure they will allow you to hop on with a couple of ppl every now and then.

6. you can run your own Teamspeak server if you want, you can just download the Server software and set it up. But Ventrillo is easier.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    you can run your own Teamspeak server if you want, you can just download the Server software and set it up. But Ventrillo is easier.
    My Guild Wars guild uses TS, and we have our own server for it, but I'm moving with the majority here. Vent is better, and I'm pushing the guild to change to it.

8. I was wondering about this on the online board earlier today. I've used Ventrilo before and liked it, but a few people on Guild Wars recommended TeamSpeak. What I want to do is set up a program for everyone in TNL's guild to use, and maybe something forum members can use in other games.

Would it make sense to take advantage of the TNL server, or should I just run it off my PC? I'd think it would be better to have it always there.

9. Ventrillo imo.

I'm a Teamspeak fan and have used both, but used TS for a good 4-5 years in MoH/CoD on my clan's dedicated server.

PS: I can't fucking wait for the GW guild. I've got the game preordered, but because I don't have Prophecies, I won't be able to play launch -1. (or maybe I can? I just emailed eb) I'm pissed that I sold my original GW account because I want access to both.
    Last edited by Rich; 25 Apr 2006 at 03:15 AM.