Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3D Modelling

1. RE: Head Model
    I don't think it's coming across as "organic" yet. It doesn't really look like you're thinking about the underlying muscle structures or how they flow into one another at all. Get ahold of some anatomy books, grab a mirror, whatever you need to do to get a better idea of the structures you're sculpting.

2. I just finished up taking a 2 week course where we (10 of us) had to make a 2 1/2-3 min animation in Lightwave in obviously.....2 weeks (mind you I didn't sleep at all during these 2 weeks ) . We finished up everything a week ago from today, and were expecting to have all of our frames rendered by last saturday, and well, that didn't happen. The whole idea of our animation is that there is this girl in suburbia who is daydreaming, and daydreams that the grass in her backyard is trying to kill her. We wrap up the animation with the girl torching the entire backyard with a flamethrower. We rendered pencil tests of the flamethrower scene, and estimated that it would take around 80-120 min a frame, rendering over 215 frames. Man did we estimate wrong, it ends up, our frames rendered through the week, and are taking upwards of 20 hours to render per frame on brand spanking new G5's. I wish I could post up the whole animation, but unfortunately, those fucking frames are still rendering, which means post production won't happen until this scene finishes. I do have a few of the frames from the flamethrower scene though, and might I add, they look pretty sexy

Once the final animation is done, I'll be sure to encode it in Flash so the world can see.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot_270371.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	405.9 KB 
ID:	19519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot_270380.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	19520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot_270461.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	381.3 KB 
ID:	19521  
    Last edited by BrAnDX105; 02 Jun 2006 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Here's another final rendered frame from her getting scared from grass creeping up the window. She's mid scared face in this frame, but besides that it seems like this kitchen scene turned out pretty nice. Especially considering how many lighting problems we were having in the kitchen.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot_2_40456.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	19541  
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.