Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TNL Comic/Manga Club: Death Note

1. Quote Originally Posted by Lordmrw
    Just a heads up, Death Note Volume 6 is in stores now. I picked up mine from borders earlier today. Seems like they get a lot of releases a month early, or that's just they the release schedule was planned.
    Book stores or just putting the stuff out when they get it, and not holding out untill street date. Which kind of jacks me off because the comic book store I work at won't get the stuff from dimond untill it's supposed to come out, making us a month behind bookstores.

2. Just read through the whole series, good stuff.

I thought Misa's character was overall retarded, she really didn't make any sense after L's death. But then, I think the whole manga took a nose-dive after that as it wasn't all that interesting for a short bit, and then they brought in a carbon copy of L who then had to go through the same style of deduction making it feel like I was just re-reading the first half. I almost wish Raito hadn't made the switch back even as cool as that plan was, just because he was such a good person when not corrupted. I figured he would determine 100% that he had been the original Kira and would then have a battle of wits and perhaps notebooks (along with temptations) to stop the killings, but I guess he was already too far gone by that point.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Just read through the whole series, good stuff.

I thought Misa's character was overall retarded, she really didn't make any sense after L's death. But then, I think the whole manga took a nose-dive after that as it wasn't all that interesting for a short bit, and then they brought in a carbon copy of L who then had to go through the same style of deduction making it feel like I was just re-reading the first half. I almost wish Raito hadn't made the switch back even as cool as that plan was, just because he was such a good person when not corrupted. I figured he would determine 100% that he had been the original Kira and would then have a battle of wits and perhaps notebooks (along with temptations) to stop the killings, but I guess he was already too far gone by that point.

yeah, but it was worth it just to see his expression when he got his memory back.
    From that moment on he was on another level from anyone else.

4. Death Note Blog contest in Taiwan

I'm a super toolbox, and Chux is the best.
    Last edited by Chux; 22 Aug 2006 at 12:31 AM.

5. No.

How was Viz' translation of the manga, anyway? calling someone "Light" sounds retarded, but I guess "Hikari" (which I assume his name to be in Japan) sounds just as retarded to the Japanese.

6. Iron fist.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    How was Viz' translation of the manga, anyway? calling someone "Light" sounds retarded, but I guess "Hikari" (which I assume his name to be in Japan) sounds just as retarded to the Japanese.
    Light was always his name. Uh, Raito if you will, I guess. I won't. It sounds dumb but you get used to it.

The Viz translation, as far as I've read (uh, 4 books or so, maybe 5?) is absolutely great. I have no reason to doubt it'll be that way up until the very end.

8. I started to read this, read the first 3 books today and omg is it enjoyable. The ending of book 3 was the biggest addition in a while, and was really cool.