Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need Help buying a camcorder, how is the JVC Harddisk videocam?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    Don't you need Firewire for video editing?

yep, i eventually figured that out from the HD forum. I bought a firewire cable(dunno why it wasnt included in the package), and used Ulead DVD Movie Factory to copy the videos to my PC, it was a piece'a cake. I just find it strange that sony didnt mention anything about firewire in the manual

Dole, when u connect the cam to the PC using USB, you only get to browse through the still picture you have taken on the memory stick pro duo(the cam takes very good 4 megapixel pics), and you can also connect the USB cable to a "PictBridge" compatible printer to print photos......lame.

btw, 20 minutes of HD(1080i) recording, came up to 3.5GB! ....on the other hand, the picture quality is very crisp and sharp.

the cam also has an HDMI out, unfortunately that's gonna have to wait to get a new TV to experience HDMI output quality.

here is a shot of my Sony HC3 camera...

Last edited by marwan; 04 May 2006 at 07:12 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    btw, 20 minutes of HD(1080i) recording, came up to 3.5GB!
    Not suprising. HD'll do that.

And I'm really suprised the camcorder didn't come with everything you needed. Sony's usually more on the ball about shit like that.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. yah i just dont understand why you can't use USB to do the copying/editing and shit, afterall, USB2 is a bit faster than firewire as far as i know.

4. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    yah i just dont understand why you can't use USB to do the copying/editing and shit, afterall, USB2 is a bit faster than firewire as far as i know.
    USB2 is theoretically faster than Firewire 400. But in this little place know as the real world Firewire is faster.

5. anyone knows where i could host a large file to link on TNL? it's going to be a short clip, but the file size would be large, just to show of the video quality in 1080i mode.