Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexican Politics

1. Yield Mexican Politics

Old Thread Title: Mexico Proposes Solution to US Immigration Problem

Mexico set to decriminalize pot and cocaine
    MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Possessing marijuana, cocaine and even heroin will no longer be a crime in Mexico if the drugs are carried in small amounts for personal use, under legislation passed by the Mexican Congress.

The measure given final passage by senators late on Thursday allows police to focus on their battle against major drug dealers, the government says, and President Vicente Fox is expected to sign it into law.

"This law provides more judicial tools for authorities to fight crime," presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar said on Friday. The measure was approved earlier by the lower house.

Under the legislation, police will not penalize people for possessing up to 5 grams of marijuana, 5 grams of opium, 25 milligrams of heroin or 500 milligrams of cocaine.

People caught with larger quantities of drugs will be treated as narcotics dealers and face increased jail terms under the plan.

The legal changes will also decriminalize the possession of limited quantities of other drugs, including LSD, hallucinogenic mushrooms, amphetamines and peyote -- a psychotropic cactus found in Mexico's northern deserts...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060428/...exico_drugs_dc

Last edited by Sweet Daddy K; 01 Dec 2006 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Spelling Nazis; Sultans of Simg; smig didn't work so well

Rock out!
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 28 Apr 2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. fixed.

also: "Fifty-three senators voted for the bill with 26 votes against it."

I wish I still lived down there.

5. road trip.

6. Use the simg tag dammit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Weed I get, but coke and heroin!? Mexico didn't really think this one out clearly.
    -Kyo

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Use the simg tag dammit.
    which one is that?

9. Back to Padre.

10. For perhaps the first time in my life I'm upset that I'm not a Mexican.