Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumpy Trot

Bumpy Trot

Does anyone know anything about this Irem import? It looks like some sort of mech action/adventure game. I like the style.

2. They had a llittle blurb about this at magicbox. Sounds like you customize this mech at take out into the feild, and it had something about the story as well. Could be a fun game, have'nt heard much from Irem since Sub Rebellion and Disaster Report (which just had a sequal announced).
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

3. Bumpy Trot coming to US?

Another "ebgames release date" announcement. In other news, Atlus USA applied for a trademark for "Growlanser" at the US Patent and Trademark Office on Oct 5, 2005. An employee claims that this doesn't mean they've announced Growlanser V for the US. Atlus' public relations staff has to be loving these leaks.

Bumpy Trot official site (dual language choice)
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 28 Oct 2005 at 09:46 AM.

4. Ironically the music of the game is playing in the background as I type this as I have the game on pause. Go to the Japanese site instead, they have a ton of videos of the game in action.

I planned writing a review of it, but the Japanese is too much for my poor skills to handle and I keep getting stuck. Perhaps I'll post them as a preview instead or something, but in summary the game is fantastic.

The trot controls like Katamari Damacy, which is odd at first, but makes sense once you get used to it. The trot has a bunch of different parts to buy, get as gifts, or make. You can also pick up a lot of things and use them as weapons, including enemy trots. There's something cool about picking up an evil mech and them clobbering his buddy until they both explode.

The other side is the music, where you need to hit the buttons in time, but each instrament plays differently, and you can make money on the side by playing in church or the nightclub. You can also earn cash by playing pool.

Graphics are really nice, but there is some slowdown and the town has four loading areas, not counting interiors that break up that a bit. The game is surprisingly freeform for something out of Japan, where you chose every dialogue response your character makes, to be a nice guy, jerk, whatever, and that has an effect on the game. You can also buy different clothes (or find them in chests) to dress how you want. The story is very nice. All and all, it's a very relaxing game to play. I enjoy it a lot.
    Last edited by AaronChance; 09 Apr 2007 at 12:31 AM.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I read about this game awhile ago on Jeremy Parish's blog. I really hope it makes it to the U.S., I'd definitely give it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe this and Chulip will be released on the same day 2 years from now!

6. Atlus USA has officially announced that they'll release Steambot Chronicles aka Bumpy Trot (previewed here) and Metal Saga next year.

7. The original name sounds like a bad STD

8. Hooray!

Obligatory Japan to US complaint: Steambot Chronicles? Steambot?

9. Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G
    The original name sounds like a bad STD
    As opposed to a good STD?

10. I was thinking some sort of irratable bowel kinda thing, actually.

Looks like a decent game, despite the unfourtunate title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!