Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed

1. Anti-Aliasing has nothing to do with a sharper image. It's a post-processing effect that smooths out jagged edges. That's what it does. It never results in a sharper image. Saying so is just retarded.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone View Post
    How would they program better AI into a multi system release?

You do understand that AI is a function of the software, right? When they're pressing the disc, they don't just say "Oh no guys, this game doesn't have enough AI. Better throw in another handful."

Also, again, it's multi platform. There's not someone out there saying "Guys, I changed the extra_AI bit on the PS3 version. It's now 1 instead of 0. Don't change it from 0 on the 360."
    I'd just like to say that this was a beautiful and post, containing both humor and accuracy. Good show.

Also, Jade Raymond is a very pretty girl.
    Last edited by Andy; 30 Oct 2007 at 03:37 AM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. GOTY IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Spoilers.

5. Does it include the huge twist right at the beginning of the game? If so I'm not too sure how I feel about that twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Does it include the huge twist right at the beginning of the game? If so I'm not too sure how I feel about that twist.
    No plot details here, but some might not even want to know the answer to your question:
    The "twist" does come at the beginning of the game, and is integrated into the story throughout. Its not so much a plot twist as it is a part of the overall setting/plot of the game that is being kept under wraps so that it will be a little shock to people starting the game. I think it would piss most people off if it was just some pointless surprise at the end.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

7. the only real things to do in the game are kill the 60 templars who are just normal guards but a little stronger, the main assassinations, the 3-4 generic "investigation" mini missions before an assassination, and collecting the flags, there's literally nothing else in the game

you don't get any reward except achievement points for flags and templars, the investigation stuff is one of these:

collect 20 flags in 3 minutes

pickpocketing: listen to a short conversation between two people, walk up behind one of them holding B and pickpocket him)

interrogation: listen to some asshole yell, follow him as he inevitably walks into a shady alley and then punch him 4 times and he tells you some valuable information like "you can get into where the badguy is by climbing the walls"

eavesdropping: sit on a bench and listen to a conversation, thats it, that's all the mission is

assassination (this is the only one that is even remotely interesting) basically you have to kill 2 people without being detected during the entire mission, so you have to actually sneak around, some of these have a 3 minute time limit, some dont

there's like 4 of these per assassination but you only have to complete 2, there's no gameplay advantage to doing any more than those two since now the assassination mission is unlocked and you can just go do that

there's no real drive to explore anything because there's nothing to find except templars and flags, neither of which give any sort of reward at all except gamerpoints when you find all of them
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

8. BUT GO BUY UNCHARTED!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    BUT GO BUY UNCHARTED!
    should i? ok
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    BUT GO BUY UNCHARTED!
    isn't this on the ps3 as well?