Page 1 of 40 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed

1. Assassin's Creed

Ubisoft’s Award-Winning Montreal Studio Creates New Intellectual Property

Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced the development of a new video game franchise: Assassin’s Creed. Assassin’s Creed is being developed for PlayStation 3 by an all-star team from Ubisoft’s world-class Montreal studio – the studio responsible for acclaimed franchises such as Prince of Persia and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell. The Assassin’s Creed franchise will combine compelling new gameplay, superb graphics, and an immersive and sophisticated storyline to deliver an epic experience that will launch the action genre into the next generation and beyond.

“Assassin’s Creed is going to push the video game experience as we know it today into an entirely new direction,” said Yannis Mallat, chief executive officer at Ubisoft’s Montreal studio. “Assassin’s Creed’s compelling theme and storyline experienced through the next-generation console will captivate audiences and affect them on the same level as an epic novel or film.”

The first game in the Assassin’s Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history.

Ubisoft has a strong record of creating some of the industry’s top-selling video game franchises and anticipates that Assassin’s Creed will experience the same success.

“Ubisoft has established itself as a creative force in the video game industry by developing new intellectual property and turning it into multimillion-unit selling brands,” said Serge Hascoet, chief creative officer at Ubisoft. “Our goal to introduce three new brands into the marketplace every two years is working. With Assassin’s Creed we’re introducing a franchise that will establish itself as the must-have next-generation game for the next-generation gamer.”

The first game in the Assassin’s Creed franchise will make its worldwide debut at E3 in Los Angeles and will be available to consumers in 2007. For more information and the trailer, please visit www.assassinscreed.com.
    There's a small version of the trailer here:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2581

HD version is at GameSpot, though I don't know if you can watch it if you aren't a member:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/p...ins/index.html

You really need to see the HD version to see how amazing this looks. I'm sure some of that has to be CG (the blade mechanism, and the eye/eyelashes), but it looks like it is mostly real time. And if it is, damn. I certainly wouldn't doubt that Ubi Montreal could pull it off, either.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. i love the setting....the crusades have always been awesome

3. The real first assassins (known as the Hashshashin) was a really interesting group that was probably the first real Islamic fundamentalist death cult. In exchange for carrying out their selected murders they would be fed hashish and then while high were led into a garden filled with fresh fruits and dates and a harem of women. They were told this was the REAL paradise reserved for martyrs. Needless to say, it was a great motivational technique.
    Time for a change

4. yeah i read about that...real cool supposedly they tried to kill saul multiple times...

dont know if anyone here read the da vinci code but they had the ''behind the code'' on the history channel and talkled about this stuff.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    ...but it looks like it is mostly real time.
    No man, the majority of that trailer is CG. There appears to be some real-time thrown in (like him coming over the balcony ledge and fighting the tin helmed guards) but don't fool yourself -- that was 90% CG.

This game looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Still it could be nothing more than a Splinter Cell mod and still kick royal amounts of ass. If they used the same engine they're using for Double Agent I wouldn't complain.
    Time for a change

7. poison daggers and a sweet ass cloak...im sold

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    The real first assassins (known as the Hashshashin) was a really interesting group that was probably the first real Islamic fundamentalist death cult. In exchange for carrying out their selected murders they would be fed hashish and then while high were led into a garden filled with fresh fruits and dates and a harem of women. They were told this was the REAL paradise reserved for martyrs. Needless to say, it was a great motivational technique.
    I read about this in Angels and Demons, but I don't think it mentioned the garden and women part. I wish I could go back in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

9. This looks really cool. Awesome link.

10. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Still it could be nothing more than a Splinter Cell mod and still kick royal amounts of ass. If they used the same engine they're using for Double Agent I wouldn't complain.
    It almost looked like a happy medium between Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia. The minimal gameplay (maybe) that we saw there looked really amazing. Ubi Montreal seems to have its head on straight. Good management, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."