Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2636383940

Thread: Assassin's Creed

1. After you save the 4000th villager and hear the SAME EXACT dialog come out of them, but in a different dialect/gender, It gets a bit annoying.

Oh, this guy has an english accent. That means I wont notice that its the same exact two lines of dialog the muslim chick in the other city said. Yeah. Were all really stupid like that.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. Yeah the first game was fun, but they need to change the game a lot before I'd consider buying a 2nd one.

3. The assassinations need to be set up like levels in PoP, instead of head to village square, kill someone the same way you kill everyone else. The cities should have more landmarks and look different depending on where you are. I wouldn't even mind if they were smaller as long as they were more interesting and unique. Traveling around in the Kingdom outside the cities is way more fun than the cities themselves because of how the terrain varies and the towns are set up differently. They need to spend more time arranging the platforms so you have to figure out how to reach a flag that seems impossible. The game also needs stealth. Blend is so slow! I'm an assassin, I should be able to run around a little without being detected.

4. In part 2, if I knife a crazy,drunk asshole who dares to push an assassin around then the guards should thank me, not attack me.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    I picked this up a month ago but just started playing today. I love it so far. I heard it gets repetitive, but since I'm still doing stuff for the first time it's been awesome. If it doesn't get any better from here they missed a huge opportunity because everything is there to make this a great game. I'm hoping for some serious PoP style platforming sections to come. Right now I'm running around the poor area of Damascus.
    It should have been much more setpieces/running, way less emphasis on combat and more on escape, and way less inflated length with repetetive shit.
    I hated having my abilities gimped.

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Oh well. I was hoping to infiltrate a fort or something on a mission.
    Yeah, they really needed to, you know, give you some fucking cool ass missions. The prologue was cooler than most of the game.

Once you figure out combat there's really no need to run, you can murder bitches with the greatest of ease, especially after you get guard break and grab break. Honestly, after finishing it, it really gives off a GTA vibe. I mean, the most fun is just tooling around on rooftops (like in a car in GTA) and it's usually just annoying when the goddamn cops catch you murdering a bitch or flying off a ramp, just like GTA. I really liked the swordplay but...there was just too goddamn much of it. By the end you're like ALRIGHT ALREADY YES COUNTER THX. I've seen all of the 20 badass animations 100 times!

Chucking people off ledges is the best.

Planned-to-be-trilogy ending is the WORST. Jesus fuck! Still all of you were right, if they make a second game (bank on it) it'll be nothing like the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Kept my interest all the way through, I loved running around the cities and shanking people left and right. Helps that it looks amazing too. I'm down for a sequel, the foundation is there to make a much better game.
    Yeah flying across 4 rooftops to leap-shank an archer and then spinning and throwing two daggers into two more is pretty fun. I did every side mission and viewpoint and that's the shit that gets boring. It's too bad that most of the viewpoints are the same goddamn building. There were actually maybe 5 buildings that were actually fun to scale. LOL and wtf the assassin can't swim.

It's going to be hard to get me to replay any of it though. I mean, when you try to replay a chapter it makes you play the whole goddamn chapter all over again plus unskippable cutscenes and bullshit. I can't believe that. You can't even skip over the weapons tutorials when you replay a chapter. That this is old school. In the worst way. I fucked up one assassination where I just tripped and fell off the stage (at the execution) and just murdered everyone...I realize now I should have just DIED but instead I went on and thought gee no sweat, I can just replay the chapter and restart that mission. Holy shit was I wrong.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 20 Oct 2008 at 06:55 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    In part 2, if I knife a crazy,drunk asshole who dares to push an assassin around then the guards should thank me, not attack me.
    I just throw them over buildings.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. lol nice code noob viral marketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. I started playing this today ( ps3 version for the better AI. LOL).
    Played through Damascas and headed to Jerusalem. I could see this being boring due to repetition, but i spend maybe 4 hours a week playing a console game. Should be fine spread over time.
    Exploring the cities to find flags is fun.
    Whats the point of having a horse if you have to trot slow as a bitch?

9. What makes even less sense is that the guy can climb everything but trees.

10. ...and now you can!
    Thank God centuries of Assassin research and development was not for naught!