Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Looks a bit jaggy.
    Click on the images for full-sized view. The images are squished to fit inside the board post--the squish adds jaggies that aren't really there.

2. DIRT.

Lots of info here:
    http://community.codemasters.com/for...play.php?f=537

Also, there's gameplay footage available only on XBL.
    Last edited by JefmcC; 29 Mar 2007 at 12:14 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    DIRT.

Lots of info here:
    http://community.codemasters.com/for...play.php?f=537

Also, there's gameplay footage available only on XBL.
    If you're gonna link to free videos, link to good quality ones.

Did I just see a link containing "good quality" point to IGN? I need to lie down.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    If you're gonna link to free videos, link to good quality ones.
    Did you ever get around to coding plugins for embedding IGN videos into our boards? Get on that, chop chop.

6. Anyone else try the demo?

7. No, but I thought I saw you play it last night. I am going to d/l it and try it over the weekend.

8. I downloaded it. Looks really good (love the menus,) but in the end, it just makes me miss Rallisport Challenge 2.

9. Rallisport 2 is still oneof the most fun games I've ever played. They need to get that shit 360 ready.

As for the DIRT demo, I thought the controls felt odd. I can't put a finger on it, but it seemed like there was a slight delay in the steering? I didn't like the dune buggy part either.

And Pastrana as the announcer or whatever is just so annoyingly shitty.
    Last edited by JefmcC; 25 May 2007 at 11:18 AM.

10. I tried the demo for both the pc and 360 just to see how my pc deals with it compared to the 360. Nice looking game though as usual the bloom/hdr is just too damn much. It seems more brighter than the pc version. The buggy race is pretty lame but the rest is fine for an arcade rally game. I still prefer Rallisport Challenge and wish a new one was made but until that happens I guess its Dirt or nothing. There is that new Sega Rally game coming soon but I'm not a big fan of that series.

The pc version runs like a dog on "ultra" settings..we are talking 10fps or less but putting the shadows on medium and the rest of the settings on high @ 1280x720 with 2x AA and 8xAF puts the visuals on par with the 360 version as far as I can tell and I get playable though not really good fps (20 to 30fps except for the buggy race which gets choppy when all the buggies are on screen).