Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt

1. Dirt

Click for full size

Click for full size

It's the return of the king: the number one rally title confirmed for 2007 with the most diverse selection of incredible off-road events

Colin McRae Rally, the genre-leading off-road racer, is to return in 2007, Codemasters announced today. The all-new McRae game, (working title CMR’07), is now in development exclusively for next-generation platforms.

After a two-year break for the series, Codemasters Studios’ designers are back creating a totally reinvigorated McRae experience. The new Colin McRae title will go beyond the series’ point-to-point rallying to deliver the most diverse selection of extreme off-road competitions. Sensational gravel, mud and dirt racing events from the world over will include perilous Hill Climb and collision-packed Rally Cross events.

International rallying competitions will also feature, with official cars on tracks based on real roads and locations around the globe. The title will also expand on beat-the-clock racing and include events with multiple cars on track to satisfy anyone who wants to push their on-the-edge driving just that bit further.

Says Gavin Raeburn, Executive Producer at Codemasters:

“The all-new Colin McRae Rally will be a real evolution for the series and offer a massive variety of off-road events, more than any other single-championship rally game has before. It's being designed to offer a totally accessible, high-speed and adrenalin-fuelled ride for newcomers to the series, yet race hardened McRae players will be able to delve under the bonnet and immerse themselves in the most challenging of competitions.”

With official cars and official events across a wide variety of off-road and rally disciplines, the most authentic and thrilling tracks ever in a McRae game, modes that make the most of online multiplayer and the series’ trademark intuitive car handling system tuned to perfection, Colin McRae Rally is evolving and will appear on next-generation systems in 2007.
    Looks absolutely delicious (well, if it isn't more target render bullshit). I hope Sega's bringing their A-game with the new Sega Rally and takes the rally racing crown once again, but CMR is very solid.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. The McRae series has always been very solid on the pc so I'm looking forward to this. Its a nice mix of arcade with a touch of sim (though not much). So where is the new Rallisport? Might as well make it a rally trifecta...c'mon Microsoft!

3. SHIT YES!!! I love this series and can't wait for more. Wonder if those are 360 shots or PS3 shots?

4. I love the out-of-focus blur and am glad to see it in the new consoles. T-Buffer 4 life.

5. I still think Colin McRae Rally 2.0 is their best effort yet, though 2005 is pretty solid. Sort of hope they go more sim in future games.

6. Oy, just noticed that CMR'07 will have rally cross events (ugh) and time trials with other cars on the track (double ugh). Hopefully both of these are completely optional and don't interrupt a traditional rally career mode.

7. I love this series. Can't wait.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

8. Looks a bit jaggy.

9. Yeah it doesn't really look much better than the other games in the series.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Looks a bit jaggy.
    The pictures are blown up to like 3000x2000, if the final game is running in that res then the PS3 and 360 are like 10 times more powerful than we thought.