Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8898100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,012 of 1012

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII

1. Final time is 131:43:25.

Hardly an efficient playthrough of course, I took my time and spent time away looking up things. Pretty sure I maxed out, or at least very close to, each character's crystarium before fighting the Shaolong Gui and Long Gui, for example. Definitely hadn't finished things up like you did at 100 hours, nice job Finch.

It wasn't until the very end - see 2 or 3 posts up - that I farmed the Edenhall Adamantoise, which is actually really good because of the quick respawn - don't think it takes even a minute. Obtained the many Platinum Ingots I needed for Treasure Hunter thanks to that. But as for my (7 or 8) Traps, got those from the Eastern Tors Adamantortoise and Central Expanse Adamantoise.

Best thing for me was to have Fang as the leader, to use Highwind, while being equipped with the Connoisseur Catalog. Highwind's great for taking out the legs with the right conditions set up, and manipulate it so that Fang lands the killing blow, which increases the odds of Connoisseur Catalog/Trap drop.

Originally I used a Fang/Hope/Vanille party with not-yet-maxed Crystarium and maxed Tier 2 weapons, but after getting those Traps, I later changed to Fang/Lightning/Vanille once the Guis came on the scene and eventually reducing Adamantoise time to 2:05 +/- about 7 seconds.

If you do go for Treasure Hunter (and you'll get more than enough CP to max all Crystariums in the process), these links/reference materials should cover everything:

FFXIII Weapon EXP Calculator
    Weapon upgrade catalyst resource
    Accessory Upgrade & Components resource
    Treasure Hunter Checklist

Important thing is that you only need one Tier 3 weapon for each character, and otherwise (not maxed) Tier 2 weapons. And you only need to have owned a weapon/accessory at one time, not permanently, so you can sell off what you won't need/use afterwards. But the process is nonetheless costly.

2. Donk