Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2737394041

Thread: Super Paper Mario

1. Space chapter is done, and wow!!!, that was some great stuff. Flipping onto the ceiling and the walls rekindled some fond memories of Battle of Olympus (well, the ceiling part anyway).

Then I get back and travel to... Flopside! Man, I was not expecting that. Very cool indeed. I think they should have reversed the HUD as well, though, that would have been the ultimate.

I'm having fun slowly filling out the Recipe list in this game. I doubt I have the fortitude to get all 96, but for whatever reason, I wasn't compelled to even attempt it in Thousand Year Door (maybe simply because it didn't have an xx/xx counter on the Recipe list? I'm a sucker for those).

2. One thing about Super Paper Mario, is there are a TON of collectable stuff. I personally didn't have the will or desire to complete em all. But if I had a ton of time on my hands I probably would of done it.

3. Chapter 5 done...

Sweet mother of crap, are you kidding me with how great this game is?! I just opened up the maps. First of all, I freaking love it when gameplay elements are still being introduced many hours into a game -- after the halfway mark in this case! The vast majority of titles show their entire hands in the first couple hours, leaving nothing new to discover and play with for the latter 95% of the game.

Then the map system itself is just a dream. Buying the maps (their own collection to complete) which then contain picture clues to hidden treasures, which then get checked off as you find each one. OCD-gasm!!! The only thing I would have done differently is changed the red checkmark on the maps to a green one.

Hot damn, it's like the designers broke into my brain and worked off my mental blueprint of an ideal game. This is turning out to not only be my favorite Paper Mario, but one of my favorite Nintendo games of all time.

4. Chapters 6 and 7 sure were trashy, I'll freely admit. Ruin the whole game, though? I think not.

5. Have you beaten it yet?

6. Nope. Gonna mess around some more before jumping into Chapter 8 and finishing up.