Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4757596061

Thread: Post Your Pictures Part XI: No Fat Chicks Part III

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    If I was rich and could live off my investments then I'd finally sit down and finish a lot of projects I've worked on solely for my own enjoyment. In between visiting all the places I'd love to go, naturally. As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.
    It's not a dream. As long as you commit yourself to it, you can do it. No one wants to commit to it, however. They'd rather lambast those who possess that same wealth and lifestyle they so desire. But say you're 25 now and you commit the next 3-5 years to positioning yourself in this manner. By the time you're 30, you'd be so much better off and able to spend more time doing what you want than if you continued to sleepwalk over that same span of time. You'd literally buy years of your life back as your initial efforts would begin to compound and your knowledge would continue to grow. I've committed to identifying and acquiring at least one positive cash flow generating asset per year that fit within my capital limitations. I may not find it, or I may find more. Each asset you acquire or set up ends up supporting you, taking away some leverage from your employer, and diversifying the cash inflow streams. It's never good to have all your eggs in one basket.

2. Quote Originally Posted by arjue
    Have you got a sweet guitar? pics plz.

it is nothing special, I didn't want to blow the money on a really good one until I learn how to play.

If you don't like my posts click here

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Maybe it changes as you get older, but I think you'd be surprised at how dependent you are on a rigid schedule that you have been living in since pre-school. I have plenty of hobbies, and even used my unemployed time to pursue some of them, but was bored nonetheless. Maybe its the forced social interaction (paired with the fact that all my friends were working during the day), or the forced brain exertions, or the fact that limiting amount of free time means that you value it more - I dont know.

If I came upon a significant amount of money, I would definitely return to school, and probably teach at a college. I know I couldnt entertain myself for years.

Or maybe I just have ADD.
    Don't get me wrong, some of the hobbies I have I would attempt to turn into business pursuits. Returning to school would be a very real option as well. As you said, we've been raised our whole lives on schedules and timetables. Kinda hard to shake that completely, even if you are rich.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Jun 2006 at 10:06 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww