Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy

1. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    Super Paper Mario = excellent
    Mario Galaxy = excellent
    Joust Williams = throw him in the garbage
    IAWTP

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    I still don't see why those void levels are so praised. I found the camera and ability to judge distance really frustrating in those parts.
    They're praised because they were tight and challenging precision platforming levels in a 3d platformer, for the first time ever

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    I still don't see why those void levels are so praised. I found the camera and ability to judge distance really frustrating in those parts.
    I had the same problem in alot of those stages although they were pretty fun in a stripped down Mario 64'ish sort of way.

3. The void stages were probably the best pure 3D platforming I've ever played.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

4. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    The void stages were probably the best pure 3D platforming I've ever played.
    "That was by far the best colonoscopy I've ever had."

I mean, they were good stages, but pure 3D platforming doesn't have the best track record.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Sunshine was pure ass water. If Nintendo did not release it as a Mario game it would've been forgotten like any other third rate platformer, instead we're talking about it 4 years later.

STFU diff, Mario Sunshine wasnt the best in the series, but it was a great game, i had fun playing it from begining to end,specially the void levels. Wold i reply iy again? sure why not. Of course Mario 64 gets the crown for 3D Marios.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    The void stages were probably the best pure 3D platforming I've ever played.
    IAWTP!!!

i remember one of the void levels where Mario had to stand on a spining in all direction cube and you had to keep him balanced till the cube reached the upper platforming, it was insanely hard. Also some ofmy favorite(and difficult) were the sand blocks. You stand on them fo a second or two, then they turn into dust.
    Last edited by marwan; 15 May 2006 at 05:32 AM.

6. I agree that some the void levels were the best part of Sunshine... but so were others the worst. Pachinko anyone?

7. I've always seen a lot of praise for the void levels on TNL, but does the rest of the gaming community feel the same way about those levels as most of the people here? I would agree that they're a bit overrated, although some of them really were quite awesome (hard=fun). But like what Sethsez mentioned, even if its the epitome of 3D platforming, I'm still not convinced that holds up to the best of 2d platforming... like at all.

8. Quote Originally Posted by TaekwondoNJ
    I've always seen a lot of praise for the void levels on TNL, but does the rest of the gaming community feel the same way about those levels as most of the people here? I would agree that they're a bit overrated, although some of them really were quite awesome (hard=fun). But like what Sethsez mentioned, even if its the epitome of 3D platforming, I'm still not convinced that holds up to the best of 2d platforming... like at all.
    I'm fairly certain TNL's crazy love of the platform stages are not shared by the masses. I thought they were fun, but nothing I would go home and talk to my friends about. That said, if they created a 3D Mario game that was comprised ENTIRELY of platforming puzzles strung together like that, from beginning to end, I would probably buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. The void levels are fine but I prefered the vast open stages. I thought sunshines levels were a lot more interesting and the music a lot more enjoyable than 64s ever was. I'll take the tropic theme over anything I saw in 64 anyday of the week. All I know is I felt compelled to beat sunshine, and did so in under a week, I've owned 64 since it came out and never beat it. I honestly just got bored with the game. Of course I was always more of a nights guy than a mario 64 fan anyway.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sega saturn x
    The void levels are fine but I prefered the vast open stages. I thought sunshines levels were a lot more interesting and the music a lot more enjoyable than 64s ever was. I'll take the tropic theme over anything I saw in 64 anyday of the week. All I know is I felt compelled to beat sunshine, and did so in under a week, I've owned 64 since it came out and never beat it. I honestly just got bored with the game.
    I think the last few levels of 64 were rushed and felt tacked-on. They just didn't have the polish of the first few.

But these void levels are actually just reworked 64 levels that didnt make it in.

Of course I was always more of a nights guy than a mario 64 fan anyway.
    Ew. Even the worst of Super Mario 64 was about a thousand times better than that piece of shit.