Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Pile of Shame Warpact: Version 2008

1. Pile of Shame Warpact: Version 2008

The Warpact Rules

Dig through your stacks, marveling at the still shrink-wrapped games you purchased at high import cost and never touched, tally up the total for each console, and make a post on here with the shameful stack (total number, and number per console, we can commiserate like AA club members).

Next up, pick a game, and start hammering on it. The one with the save file moldering away, half finished and crying to be played again, the unopened one you swore you'd play, whichever it happens to be, get it out, dust off the controller, and start playing.

Once a week, or per game, or even mid-game, make a post with your progress. It doesn't need to be a game (or more) per week or whatever, just let us know, make this the Living diary of a pile of shame.

How 'finished' is finished for a game is up to you. Play it till you really feel you got enough out of it, then move on to the next. But don't let it rot there unplayed. If you realize you never shoulda bought it in the first place, take it back to the store and get some credit B-Ri does not believe game trade-ins, trade with other TNL members or sell to other TNL members IMO

Bookmark this thread, Video Game Tracker (used in previous 2 threads) is no longer up and functioning. If anyone has links to a similar service, please share.

When you do your weekly update, I WILL post a progress list here, so yes, you will be rewarded with the glory of your name in lights as you demolish your pile of shame

IMPORTANT: Once your Pile of Shame list is created, DO NOT INCREASE IT BY PURCHASING NEW GAMES. Your Pile of Shame is based on what you have now, not what you buy tommorow. Last time we had a bit of trouble with some confusion over how your Pile of Shame list should be managed. If you buy new games (shame on you! ), don't add them to your list.

Clearing your Pile of Shame: If you beat a game (or otherwise feel you are truly well and finished with a title) it is added to your Hall of Fame total. If you sell it, trade it, or simply give it away, you subtract it from your Pile of Shame, but do NOT add it to your Hall of Fame.

Posting your progress: When you post your initial list, you ONLY NEED TO GIVE TOTALS. Save the full notepad listing for the webpage. So you can post PS2: 10 games, GC: 5 games, Xbox: 5 games, Total: 20 games. When you post an update to your progress, provide the names of the games you are clearing (and your grim or triumphant story to accompany same), and the manner in which you disposed of them. A quick tally at the end is appreciated, as it makes managing the listing here a bit easier.
    OK TNL, lets destroy this backlog before Alan Wake, MGS4, Gears 2, R6:Vegas 2, and ect destroy our lives.

#. Name: Shame - Fame
    1. B-Ri: 62 - 4
    2. Biff: 7 - 0
    3. KingOfFighters: 110 - 0 (apparently)
    4. Kuro: 234 - 1
    5. g0zen: 29 - 2
    6. Gooch: 17 - 0
    7. Rated RKO: 34 - 0
    8. Lordmrw: 111 - 1
    9. Gamevet: 25 - 0
    10. Opaque: 45 - 0
    11. Dyne: 6 - 3
    12. A Robot Bit Me: 11 - 0
    13. The_Meach: 12 -0
    Last edited by B-Ri; 26 May 2008 at 07:44 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. PS3 stinks.

I am currently playing Rogue Galaxy for the first time.

3. My Pile of shame:

B-Ri:
    PC: 5
    DS: 3
    PSone: 7
    GC: 3
    Xbox: 6
    PSP: 9
    GBA: 1
    360: 8
    Wii: 4
    PS3: 4
    PS2: 12
    PSN: 3

Total: 65 games.

I am now a few hours in on the game im going to start off with. Lost Odyssey. After that i plan on hammering out FFT, and Loco Roco before Patapon and Crisis Core hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated RKO View Post
    lol that made my night
    raise your standards then.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 28 Feb 2008 at 04:33 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. YOUR DAD DID NOT RAISE HIS STANDARDS

5. I have about 10 360 games I need to get through. Working on NFS Most Wanted, Tiger Woods 07 and starting Blue Dragon soon.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I have about 10 360 games I need to get through. Working on NFS Most Wanted, Tiger Woods 07 and starting Blue Dragon soon.
    So just

KingOfFighters
    360: 10

no others?

7. Biff

PS2 1
    360 4
    PS3 0
    PSP 0
    PC 2

8. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    So just

KingOfFighters
    360: 10

no others?
    I don't really want to put my PS2 list up, it would be like PS2: 100.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I don't really want to put my PS2 list up, it would be like PS2: 100.
    gimmie a solid number then man! This is supposed to drive you to finish all 100.